cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi mapping with mutiple mappingsteps?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PI experts.

Using PI 7.4 Java only and trying to make a mutimapping splitting an incoming message into mutiple messages using the following guide.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/600b455f-01cd-2b10-0cab-a50e47a8f...

My operation mapping is as the picture showes.

When I do the mappings 1...1 then the mappings work.

One message in and out I get one correct message.

I tried to change the second mapping to 0...unbounded.

The mapping adds the Message and Message1 segments.

When i test the Operation Mapping after i activated it the Operation mapping only produces the two message segments and nothing else.

I then tried to change the first mapping to 0...unbounded. When I test the operation mapping now I have to add the Message and Message 1 segments and it works.

I then tried to process a file with my FTP adapter and ofcourse the mapping failed.

Do I have to add the Messaeg and Message1 segment in my content conversion?

How is this done because when I change the document name in the conten conversion the conversion fails.

Is this the correct way to make a split of messages in PI 7.4 Java obly or can I use the interface split functionality in the integration Flow in NWDS?

What shall I try next to make any progress?

Thanks for all the help I can get.

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I am also facing similar issue. Multi mapping with multiple mappings. If your issue is solved , can u please guide me what are steps you followed to solve the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Uma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible that I have the problem because we are running a Java only system?

This would creat Integration Flows that uses Integrated Configurations and not the ordinary Receiver Determinations.

Could this be the problem and what would the solution be then?

//Andreas

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This problem is not because of java only stack, but it is because your operation mapping. your operation mapping occurance of target interface is 1:1 which is not correct. Please change the occurance of target interface to 0:n as per message map and reactivate operation map and ICO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Made som progress.

A norty little mapping had made it into my mapping.

Somehow I managed to mapp the Message tag in the first mapping and therefor the mapping failed.

But now I face a new problem.

This is the message that my mappings produce at the moment.

According to the blog I'm following the target message mapping should be 1...n

The operation target occurense should be 1...1.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you working in PI7.1 or lower version? The document is only applicable for PI7.1 or lower version.

so in ideal case mapping and operation mapping should have same occurance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Working on 7.4.

How would the split work if I have same occurrence?

//Andreas

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

you define the occurance in message map that you can have 0 or n number of target messages after mapping, then operation mapping should able to genrate 0 or n number target message at run time. for that you need to define 0..n occurence in operation mapping. and you configuration should also reflect this. for that you just need to activate the operation map with 0..n occurance and edit the ICO, select the operation map again and activate.

The interface should work after this changes.

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I remember that there is a bug which results into mapping error in case of multimapping - In fact there is a SAP note released for that.

What's the SP of ur PI  version?

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not at the office now.

will check the SP version tomorrow.

//Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Everywhere I can see the version it says 7.40 so I would say we have no SP loaded on the system

Is teher even an SP for 7.4 out so far?

//Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

Open http://host:port/dir/start/index.jsp

then go to Administration and there u will see ur SP number (just below Software build information)

NW731EXT_09_REL

jdk16

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is what I see in administration window.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do I have to add the Messaeg and Message1 segment in my content conversion?

you don't have to add this.

I then tried to process a file with my FTP adapter and ofcourse the mapping failed.

did you put Message tag in the input file. if yes then you have to remove it.

Regards,

Muni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only used the Message tag when i tested the Operation Mapping.

The message processed by the FTP looks as the message in the interface it self.

No message tags added by the dapater.

//Andreas

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did not get you? is it wokring?

check this

Regards,

Muni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I add the message tags when i test the operation mapping then the operation mapping works.

When i try to process a message with the file adapter without the message tags then the mapping fails.

//Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the namespace in the content conversion.

//Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I post a message as xml file generated from the mapping it self.

I get an error that no receiver interface could be determined.

This message is with the Message tags included and read by an FTP adapter processing the message thru the scenario.

If i remove the message tags and try to process the message thru the scenario I get a mapping error that it is not possible to mapp the first segment in the target structure.

If I use the content conversion from txt file as I did before the multimapping was in place I get the following error.

Same as with the xml without the message tags.

//Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please tell your exact requirement. I mean why you need 2 mapping step and both of them are 0:unbound ?

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

first error happens because of message tag.

in the second and third error screen shot show that values missing in the queue context. this is means mandatory fields are missing. or you are not handling the context properly.

please reply back for indrajits question? why do you use 2 mappings?

can you show your source and target message?

Regards,

Muni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using 2 mappingstep because I have a content conversion that will be to complex if I only use the second mapping.

Operation mapping.

First message mapping.

Second message mapping.

//Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

So the first mapping is not 0:unbounded, so check this way

take the input payload and test operation mapping ( step 1 to 1 ).

Copy the xml that has been generated in the target side, put that in the source and execute step 2 to 2.

This way you will be able to identify the which step is causing the problem and why.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

If you are using multimap (0..n or 1..n) you need to change all the maps used in operation mapping. your first map should also 0..n.

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like this?

First mapping.

Second mapping.

//Andreas

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. Now check if your scenario is working.

Please note if you are pushing the XML into integration engine , you need to add the message and message1 tag in the XML. If you are testing from source FTP then no need to add the tags.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I do not use the message tags when I test the mapping then the first step fails.

If I use the message tags in the message then the whole mappings executes ok.

The thing is if I use the message with message tags in it shows up red in the source structure but the mapping executes.

If I do not us it the operation mapping says I can't populate the target structure.

This is when I do test of mapping in ESR.

//Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Get the same error.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To test the mapping in ESR (operation or message map) you need to use the message message1 tag.

To test end to end no need to worry about the message message1 tag.

Ignore the red in the source of operation mapping.

Do you have any other issue when you execute the message in ESR with message message1 tag

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

No issues at all with message adn message1 tags in ESR.

Only issue when I test end to end without message and message1 tags.

Exact same payload in the messages except message and message1 tags.

//Andreas.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Problem is in your message mapping, while executing end to end it is not able to create the messages node in one the map.

Please check the map if the node is mapping and working in ESR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First test mapping with Message and Message1 tags in ESR.

Here is the mapping test without Message and Message1 tags.

Same error as when I test end to end.

//Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tested to do a mapping with single mapping step now and got the same error.
when I did end to end mapping.

//Andreas