cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model and story blending

0 Kudos

I have a model in SAC containing Actual, Plan, Forecast 1 and Forecast 2 version. I also have some delta calculations between these versions and I use inverse formula between the Forecast 1 and Forecast 2. I want to make it more flexible and an idea was to have a model containing only the Actuals and the other one containing only the Plan (and Forecast etc). In the story's table the goal is to have a column deriving data from the Actuals model and another one deriving from the Plan's one. Do you believe this will constrain the possibilities and functionalities of SAC, or would this be a good approach? Do you have any suggestions to improve this idea?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MKreitlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dionysis,

I had the same idea back in 2020.. in times when only the classic model existed.

I did not try it ever since, but my conlusion 3 years ago was to better keep all versions in only one model, since it makes story building way easier than with 2 models.

I really had issues with the Version dimension itself, and that it always were like 2 different dimensions.

I only have my screenshot in German... but what I tried:

Calculate the percentage between the green lines ... it did not work, since they did not match. The formula exists in both versions but never matched (marked in red):

Either it calculated: 26,751,898.53 / 0 or 0 / 939.20... but never 26,751,898.53 / 939.20

I cannot tell if it is the same case today... But I have been sticking to one model, since this experiment 🙂

BR, Martin

0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

Thank you very much for your answer. It helps a lot.