cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All-

Is it possible to add/buy new maps? For example, we would like a map which divides the area into Designated Market Areas (DMA).

Thanks!

Tracy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tracy

It is possible to create your own maps, take a look at this thread:

I've ccreated quite a few maps like this so if you need anymore help let me know.

Regards

Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Charles. How do I go about adding a svg map that you are referring to?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tracy

You first need to download a copy of the AnyMap Add-On from here:

Xcelsius 2008 Add-on Marketplace: http://www.ondemand.com/information/xcelsius.asp

and follow the detailed instructions on creating an .svg map file for use within the AnyMap Add-On.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! I will give it a try and let you know if I have any problems.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tracy,

Xcelsius provides the ability for you to create interactive maps that can be displayed and select data. The key to using maps is that your data must include a row or column assoiciated with the rest of the data that references the appropriate names or abbreviations for the areas covered in the maps.Once the contents of that row or column are assoicated with labels for each area on the map, the map is populated with data. The labels must be in alphabetic order, and they are required for the region names, the display data, and the source data, as well as for alert targets, if you set up alerts for your maps.

Regards

Vasu