cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jump Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i am trying to configure a jump query, i went to the transaction RSBBS and configured sender and receiver every thing works fine for sender=query and receiver=query, can any one let me know step by step process how to go to a r/3 transaction(there is a option to select transaction)and any precautions that needs to be taken care of?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shetty,

To Jump to an R3 Transaction, First you need to select transaction option and then specify the source system..

After that specify the transaction code where you want to jump to..

Make sure that you query passes all the mandatory fields for that transaction ..

eg: fb03 ( doc display ) ..you have to pass the doc no and comp code..

also u need to specify the update rules in the assignment..For that you can select the update rules for the infoprovider the query is based on..

Hope this helps..

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for the reply, what do u mean by "also u need to specify the update rules in the assignment"?, FYI: i am passing the necessary info to r/3 transaction. And when i choose transaction and source system options and choose the required source system, then the last dropdown box under the options becomes active, it has options like report portfolio, drill down reporting, report writer,etc. which option do i choose.

thanks.

Message was edited by: shetty s

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shety,

You will actually have to supply the name of the InfoSource. The system will use the InfoSource to convert the InfoObject value (BW) to Field value (R/3).

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

can you be more specific,i get a number in my result and when i click that number it should jump to the transaction and input the number and get further details, the number in the report has the same number of char as it should be in r/3 transaction input screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shetty,

What happens is that when you select a particular row and try to drill down to the R3 transaction all the char values in that row are passed to the R3 transaction..

You can jump in two ways..

Right click on the row> Go to> "R3 Transaction"

Or

In workbook you could set repeat jump on double click..so that double clicking on any line will take you to the transaction..

The assignment details can be maintained in RSBBS for which Bhanu has given an excellent link..

Ashish..

0 Kudos

Since you have a jump from a query to an R3 transaction, do you know if it is possible to skip the manual log-in screen to the R3 system? We use single sign-on but this report is not in a portal or web based (using BEx analyzer), so the users are required the first time to login to the recieving R3 system. Is there anyway for SAP to pass this information from the BW system to the R3 system? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cindy,

It is possible to skip the log on screen (in fact that it how it should be for better user experience). More than SSO, this relates to the connection between the systems being a trusted connection/system. You may want to check OSS notes like 128447, 131387 and 204039.

Hope this helps...