cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAVA Add-in For Central ABAP Instance installation failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! I'm attempting to install a java add-in to an ABAP central instance in our sandbox for NW04 SR1. After sapinst is started, the process runs for approximately 2 minutes then fails. I've not been successful in determining exactly why. I have environment variables set for JAVA_HOME, SAPINST_JRE_HOME, and even a specific TEMP directory with gigs of available space.

The process "reads the configuration", "creates working directories", "changes to those working directories", "prepares for installation", then starts a child process which immediately crashes.

The message I first receive is: Connection to SAPinst broken, please correct and restart....

within AIX, the message states iauxsysex.c:297 child 2519168 has crashed. Executable directory......Contact Support.

also. iaextract.c.883: child has signaled an exec error

Thanks if you can offer assistance.

Shane

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shane,

This problem is nearly always to do with User Limits. Depending on the shell you are using you can view and change the limits using the limit or the ulimit command. If you change a limit the new value holds only for the shell and processes started in this shell. Hence if you change limits you have to do it in identically the same shell process from which you start sapinst.

If you are using csh or tcsh run limit to view all limits. The limits stacksize, datasize and memory are especially important. If they are not yet unlimited you should set them to unlimited using the commands

limit stacksize unlimited

limit datasize unlimited

limit memory unlimited

Please verify the result using

limit

If you are using ksh or bash run

ulimit -a

to view the limits and

ulimit -d unlimited

ulimit -s unlimited

ulimit -m unlimited

to set the limits.

Retry the SAPinst once you have set these ulimits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shane, I had precisely the same problem with identical child processes dying.

I suggest two things:

1) validate that the user setting for root, <sid>adm & ora<adm> match the requirements on pg 34 of the NW04 ABAP IPG

2) ensure you have at LEAST 1.5GB in the temporary directory to be used by sapinst

As soon as we increased the space, the GUI ran just fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem, for install thje java add-in in the ABAP instanc with oracle 9i and Linux Suse8.1. I open the message in OSS during 4 weeks, but i had'nt solutions, the same DVD was used in other installations and was not problem.

The only difference between system is the value for RLIMITS_STACK in the succesfull installations is unlimited and in the installation with error is 2093056.

best regards, Alberto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shane,

I'm trying to do the same, installing Java add-in on NW2004s ABAP AS.

Could you please tell me how you start this installation.

On service.sap.com I only find 'upgrade master'-DVDs. Are these the ones you use? or do you need an 'installation master'-DVD.

Your feedback is highly appreciated!

Tnx!

RoB

Former Member
0 Kudos

don't mention it.

found already

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roel,

We have a standalone NW2004s ABAP instance & need to install JAVA Add in on it. I am wondering whether this fuctionality is available as of now & if 'yes' how can I proceed ... what installation document should I refer for this.

Thanks in advance for your help ...

-Regards,

das