cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to apply a selection from a filter in another filter in SAC?

rpuranik
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there a way to apply a selection (value) made from a page filter applied in another filter in SAC OVM?

If I select ABC in InputControl 1, I want that same value of ABC applied in InputControl 2.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

N1kh1l
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@rpuranik 

Please explore the use below 2 API's of Input control

https://help.sap.com/doc/958d4c11261f42e992e8d01a4c0dde25/release/en-US/index.html#InputControlDataS...

getActiveSelectedMembers(options?: integer): MemberInfo[]

setSelectedMembers(member: string | string[] | MemberInfo JSON | MemberInfo[] JSON): void

Nikhil

rpuranik
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you, Nikhil! I will take a look.
William_Yu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It really depends on you use case and how would user interact with input control 2. 

For example, if value taken from input control 1 will be just used as default value of input control 2?  

Enable cascading between two input controls can already partially achieve the basic requirement. 

Bottomline, you can always achieve this by scripting in story. 

rpuranik
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello William, Thank you for your response. The Inputcontrol1 has a primary facility name and inputcontrol2 has sub facility names (multiple facilities) but they want to by default select the facility name chosen in the first one (primary), we can manually select it but we are looking for a way to default to the first selection. I understand the cascading filters but that will not work. Thank you!