cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory Mgnt ODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a requirement to create an ODS which stores data similar to the standard cube. I need some views on how to load data and the design of the ODS. if anyone can point out some documents that would be helpful.

Thanks

Laura.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

If you search the forum, you can find references to OSS notes that have details and things to keep in mind when designing an ODS layer for inventory data. Going through these notes would help you.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

In inventory management the BF datasource was initially designed so that it can directly be updated to a cube. Later thay made it ODS compatible. For that some OSS notes needs to be implemented. See the following notes: 322303, 323811 and 385703.

Another note to be implemented for handling delta is 747037.

after applying all these notes you can take BF data through an ODS and then into a cube.

Before you can extract data for material movements to a BW system, you must ensure that the transaction key is active.

For this, see the following SAP Notes:

353042: How-to: Activate transaction key (PROCESSKEY)

315880: Missing event control after PI-A installation

Assign points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look up the white paper "How to.....Handle Inventory Management Scenarios in BW".

It will tell you that you should load the ODS in parallel with the cube (if you plan to load the cube). There is an OSS note that will also allow you to load the 2LIS_03_BX data into the ODS as well. I can't remember the number, but if you do a search for 2LIS_03_BX and ODS it should come up.

If you have a specific requirement for the ODS, I would follow it, but if you don't then I would add all of the BF extractor fields that felt applicable and then make sure you add 0MAT_PLANT to get access to it's attributes.

Good Luck!