Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry about SSL certificates

nayoungpark
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I would like to ask for some advice regarding SSL certificates 

One of our clients currently using SAP B1 9.3 PL14 SQL version has raised a security issue with their current server SSL certification version.(SQL Version: SQL Server 2016 SP3 + GDR_13.0.6435.1) 

They have requested to regenerate the certificate from SHA1 to SHA256.

We have not issued an SSL certificate for the SAP server; it appears to have been generated by default during the server setup

I have a few questions regarding this matter

1. The client does not use any web services at all, so we would like to inquire if the SSL certificate affects SAP.(The client's IT manager believes that the SSL certificate is applied even during regular SQL access. Currently, we are accessing the SQL server using SQL server authentication (sa account). We would like to confirm if the SSL certificate affects SQL access in this case as well)

1. If you have any manuals or guides on updating the SSL certificate for the SAP B1 server, please provide them

1. We would also like to inquire if there are any restrictions on the applicable SSL certifications for different versions of SAP

Thank you !!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

EunSeok_Bang
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

The self-signed certificate with CN=SSL_Self_Signed_Fallback and SHA-1 hash algorithm has not been used by B1 as far as I know. 

it seems it's generated by older MS SQL server. 

please consider upgrading to MS SQL server 2017 which uses SHA256 algorithm.

reference: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/sql-server-support-blog/changes-to-hashing-algorithm-for-self...