cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infoset keydate and tick box

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a transaction data DSO left-out-joined to a master data attribute.

I am not sure what does the left most tick box mean and what is the purpose of it in the infoprovider as seen when you enter maintenance mode of the infoset. Also, there is a column called key date in the table. What is it for? In the master data attribute, i have valid-from and valid-to. Do I need to tick these are keydate? do i need to check the tick box?

regards

Pascal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go throuh the thread will clear your doubt

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bw32/helpdata/en/d1/713c3b35703079e10000000a114084/content.htm]

Thanks,

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

If you want to use temporal joins(join between time dependent characteristic), then you need to check key date.

Go through the below article about info sets and different types of joins

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8075d56d-fe94-2e10-6b83-acfa784d9...

Regards,

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

thanks for the links. I have configured the Left Outer join.

In a left out join, can I flag the keydate flag in the left table (DSO)? I am asking because I think this is called a temporal join. So, can a temporal join go together with a left outer join?

But the report is showing the left DSO data but not the right table the master data. Master data fields are showing as '#' which means not found . It should have found the relevant master data.

May I know what could be the cause?

Details on how i joined the tables :

1. DSO : non-key fields are joined to the master data table's non-key fields.

2. DSO : flagged the key date flag for a posting date field.

3. Master data : there are Date-From and Date-To , both selectable in query.

4. The joins are shown as 'Left Outer join' .

In the query, I have a filter variable to allow user to key in the key date which is the posting date.

Could it be some settings missing in the query? I did not use the 'query properties' keydate setting.

Since the master data is not found by the infoset, I suspect the join is not correctly configured.

Please advise.

Thanks!

regards

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pascal,

If you are getting #values means there should be some issue in joins.

What are the fields you joined in your info set.

I will explain left our join with one example.

Say i have infoset based 0material DSO which has 0material.

Now i have join between both 0materials(by default it is inner join)

Now i need left outer join which brings all master mata from

0material irreapective of transaction data in DSO.

in your infoset right click on 0material(which in dso),select left outer join.

In your case i think you did in reverse.

Now just remove the links again create new links.

Right click on the objects which are there in dso and select left outer join.

I think it should solve your problem.

Regards,

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

I tried as suggested.

Same results whether the DSO is left-outer-joined to the master data attribute or the other way round.

Could someone please tell me can a DSO be left outer joined to a time-dependent master data attribute using non-keys from both sides?

If so, what must be configured to work?

regards

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI pascal,

Check the below note which has details about left outer join, you might get some idea.

SAP Note:577953

Hi Pascal

I think we should have join between key fields in the Info object and DSO.check once

Regards,

Venkatesh

Edited by: Venky1903 on Aug 30, 2011 10:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

my issue has been resolved.

It was a data and selection issue .

regards

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Key date is used in case of temporal join, i.e. when the join is done on the time dependent characteristics key date plays an important role.

It will fetch only those records which fulfills the join condition based on the key date.

Regards,

Durgesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer below thread will add you more details

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2f5aa43f-0c01-0010-a990-9641d3d4eef7?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Thanks,

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Time-dependent master data InfoObject is joined to a DataStore object containing a key date.

Please go through the link patiently, your doubts regarding Joins bteween Master data table and DSO, Key date, Date to date From etc.........

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/2f5aa43f-0c01-0010-a990-9641d3d4eef7

Regards,

Suman