cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keydate properties error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on BO XI R3.1 fp 1.3 and BW 7.0. We have a universe on top of a BW-query and there is only a keydate variable in this query. So the universe has the parameters enabled for the keydate. In the querypanel of webi we now have the button for the keydate properties. We select the option to use the default date (and not let the user decide or set a date). But whenever we only tick the default date the query returns: "you must specify a value for the keydate parameter".

Is there anyone that can work with just the default date ticked? Or am I missing something? Where is this default date defined?

Thanks,

Robert

NS Poort / Oneline BI

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

just ignore the option of the default value. The keydate either needs to be specified or you need to set the option to refresh the value each time the user refreshes the report.

the default options wouldn't do anything ...

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay thanks,

so there is no way to set this to a sysdate? So we still need to create two reports? One for scheduling (and refresh for the sysdate) and one for the user that wants to set a different date?

Cheers,

Robert

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what exactly is it that you trying to do ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, thanks for your quick response.

I'll try to be more specific:

The ideal situation would be to have one report that has a variable/prompt on a date, like an effective date.This report needs to be scheduled on daily basis without having to fill in the variable/prompt (otherwise we need to schedule it every day with the correct date (sysdate)). On the other hand, users can use this report to fill in a date they like.

Now we use two versions of this report. One that just runs without variables/prompts and one that always asks for a date. Ideal would be one report that can serve both.

I hope that my/our problem is clear now? English is not my native language

Thanks,

Robert

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume we are talking about time depending data here. In the BI query Designer you can define how the time dependency is being resolved. You can use a variable so that a user can set a specific data but you can also use the date from the BI query when being executed (system date when called). That should help

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes time dependent data, that's correct. But the solution you mention also results in two different reports, one with user input and one without. The ideal solution would be one report that can do both, but that's not possible right now obviously.

Thanks,

Robert

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is an option to have an optional keydate variable which would allow the user to ignore the prompt because it is optional and if he wants to select a specific date he can pick that.

because it is optional he can ignore the prompt and what then happens is that the system will use the system date from the BI server

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay that sounds like something we are looking for.

I'm not a BW-consultant but a "classic" BO-designer, so pardon me if I ask stupid questions.

We use the optional prompt option as much as possible. But what you wrote just now should do the trick.

Is this just a plain optional date variable / prompt? Can this work for the time dependent data as well? This does not have anyhing to do with the keydate property button anymore?

Thanks again!

Robert

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes - standard optional prompt.

the keydate property is still there and you can set the prompt. The user will get the prompt but does not have to provide a value in case he wants to use the system date.

thanks

Ingo

Answers (0)