cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing Whitelist for Source System - DMC_C_WL_TABL_OP

chrissap
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am trying to implement a table whitelist as described in the SAP Landscape Transformation Replication Server Security Guide v 1.3 - 2020-02-26

The guide calls for table maintenance of DMC_C_WL_TABL_OP, but does not indicate whether there is a transaction available to support the maintenance. I realize SM30 is an option, but everywhere I look also says SM30 table maintenance is not best practice for maintaining tables.

My questions are:

1. Is there a transaction available specifically for this table modification? Or another standard way to do this outside of SM30? or are there any plans to implement something in the future?

2. Are there any customers that have actually implemented this table whitelist with SLT? If so, how do they manage this table? Is it managed in each system individually? transported throughout the landscape?

3. Is there a log which would show me which tables are currently being replicated to SLT?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member252769
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

1. As of now, you need to maintain the entries in this table via SM30/direct update and then you can transport to higher environment.

2. It really depends on case to case, if you have requirement to restrict the table replications.
Then add entry in table DMC_C_WL_TABL_OP for the tables which you want to enable for replication, rest all the tables will be prevented from being replicated.

3. In SLT, you can check through LTRC tcode or through DMC_MT_TABLES.

Regards,
Sunil

chrissap
Explorer
0 Kudos

1. Thank you that is clear

2. We would like to be able to control which tables are possible for SLT to replicate from the source system. We will setup a table maintenance view for DMC_C_WL_TABL_OP and test this in our sandbox environment

3. I will investigate these options

Have you actually implemented the whitelist? I imagine more companies will start to do this with the numerous data privacy laws now being established across the world. I'm trying to find some real-world examples where companies have successfully implemented and if there are any best practices to implementing a robust process to support the whitelisting.