cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to wait for an event with a specific value in its container?

former_member182466
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

here is my problem. I have a workflow that waits for an event but only with a specific value in a specified element of the event container. I have built this with an until loop around one wait step for the event. If the value in the event container matches the need value the loop ends, if there is no match another loop iteration is started and the workflow waits for the next event.

This works just fine most of the time. But in the scenario where multiple events get triggered simultaneously and the first one does not have the needed value the following events do not get passed to the workflow because the workflow is still in the process of handling the loop. This way it can happen that the workflow misses the needed event.

Is there a simple way around this timing issue? Something like the check function module for event type linkages would be perfect.

Many thanks in advance,

Gert Beukema

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Interesting! I don't have a solution, but just for clarification, by event container you mean event parameter, correct?

These multiple events can be created absolutely simultaneously?

Maybe the event queue can be set up to not release multiple events at once?

regards

Rick Bakker

Hanabi Technology

former_member182466
Contributor
0 Kudos

Correct with event container I mean event parameters.

Yes, these events can occur simultaneously or at least in the same second. They are generated from incoming IDocs and these will come in bunches.

Edited by: Gert Beukema on Jul 28, 2010 3:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can make use of Parking event. You have to mention the event in the header data of the Workflow template in the events tab.

Thanks

Arghadip

former_member182466
Contributor
0 Kudos

Arghadip,

I do not know what you mean by Parking events but I did come up with a solution while playing around with the event definitions in the header. I am writing a blog entry about my solution which should be ready some time this week.

Thanks,

Gert.