cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to solve 10427 error when trying to retrieve unicode data from HANA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am testing ODBC Driver of HANA,odbc connection is ok.But when I try to get unicode data,the 10427 error was encountered,details

information are :

"

General error ;-10427 Conversion of Parameter/Column [2] from data type VARCHAR1 to ASCII failed

"

my sql is quite simple: select userid,username from users,column username include Chinese character.

Can anyone help on this,thanks in advanced.

YingQi Xiao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

simon25
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

These data type conversion errors may occur due to different reasons, as explained in some documents from the knowledge base (including scenario with chinese and japanese characters) :

2399990 - How-To: Analyzing ABAP Short Dumps in SAP HANA Environments

3219943 -10427 Conversion of parameter/column (*) from data type NVARCHAR to ASCII failed

2673779 - Error -10427 when run SQL from hdbsql with Chinese or Japanese characters

You should take a consistency check on the affected table(s) used in the conversion to ensure there is no corruption on table level.

2116157- FAQ: SAP HANA Consistency Checks and Corruptions

Kind Regards

Simon

prameel_kumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Kelvin,

Can you please provide me steps, how you resolved this.

we are facing same issue in SAP data service.

Thanks

Prameel

sbmrafikul2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kelvin,

Please check the below link

Regards,

Jituda

Former Member

Jituda,

Situtation is not exact same as the URL you posted.We found the issue is due to the ODBC driver has problem when dealing utf8 character.The solution is modify the column type from varchar to nvarchar,everything is ok.

Thanks for your help.

Kelvin