cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to schedule multiple reports in simple way

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

I have designed more than 25 reports using sap crystal report 2013 . Now i want to schedule all those report in cmc and trigger email on daily basis . In folder options -> right click -> add local document -> adding each and every report individually and scheduling reports .

Is there any simple way to do this , all 25 report i want to schedule on daily basis and need to trigger a email for ABC@gmail.com

Is there any option where i can put all rpt files under single folder and i can schedule a folder , so that all 25 reports can trigger and send through email .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member198519
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If its Crystal Reports, then why don't you create an Object Package for the same. It will be easy to define the schedule for all the reports at once. I think this will be the best option for you.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another option, if you don't want to look at a third-party tool for this like Ido posted, you could look at using either the Java or .NET SDK to schedule the reports. If you're using Crystal for Enterprise instead of "classic" Crystal, you could also use the RESTful web services SDK.

-Dell

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest you to take a look at publication capability to schedule multiple reports in one go.

https://howtobi.wordpress.com/2011/02/23/how-to-setup-report-bursting-data-driven-publication-in-bus...

Thanks

Mani

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem with using publications is that when a report changes, the changes aren't automatically picked up by the publication. Instead, you have to delete the report, save the publication, then re-add the report and reconfigure the report within the publication. Then you have to reschedule it.

-Dell

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Added two secondary tags: SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform and Platform Administration. The question belongs to those components.

From Crystal Reports perspective you can select a main report and add all remaining 24 reports as unlinked subreports in Reports Footer subsections. It would be then a single report to schedule.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitaly ,

Thanks for your reply , All 25 reports should be sent individual mail , if i place all 24 reports in footer section as subreport ,may be there is a chance to affect performance .

Instead of that , now i am using object package option to add all rpt files under single section . Now its reducing work to schedule each and every report individually .

All 25 reports connected with same DB and user need it in pdf format .

when i schedule Object package , there is a component option to select database login and report format .

Here i am selecting each and every report individually and selecting pdf format .

Instead of that , is there any default settings to apply one time ?

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sriram,

There won't really be any affect on performance by putting all of the reports as subreports in a single report. The reports will run sequentially, just like they will from an Object Package or a Publication.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell ,

Thanks for your reply . In main report i have added few reports in report footer as unlinked subreports . But in preview its displaying only main report output .

Also when i try to schedule in cmc , Just i am receiving Single mail with main data output value .

But in my case user want to receive each rpt output in separate mail i,e (1 main report +24 sub report = 25 mail ) .

Please suggest .