cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict height of table in smartform without using template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am facing a problem with table in smartform.I have 5 records in my table.If i print all 5 then table is fine.But if i get only one record in table then size of the table reduces to one row.Is there any way that i can keep my table height same as for 5 records,though i pass 1 record.I cannot use template here,because page-breaks are used in the form .

Your solutions are highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Meenakshi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far my knowledge goes, If there is one record then table lines will take the height of only one row. You cannot Restrict it to take height of 5 rows.

A temporary solution could be to add empty records in your internal table so that the table uses all the 5 rows in the table while printing in the smartform. Since they are empty records your smartform will not display any data but will only use the height.

If you have 1 record add 4 empty records, Similarly if you have 2 records add 3 empty records...

This way all time the table will take the height of 5 rows.

As i said earlier this could be a temporary solution.

Thanks,

Hari Prasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hari for the quick solution,but i think it will insert lines also between the rows,can we do something to avoid it.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

if the requirement is just maintaining a certain height , then that can be achieved by making the window of a certain size and keeping the table in that window..

Then no matter how many records you print, the space occupied by the window will always be same. Hence even if you print 1 record, the rest of the space will appear as blank vecause of the window size

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use the TEMPLATE For this... U can fix the height ...If u r using the table u can't fix the height....

Regards,

Srinivas....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then check the workarea for the table everytime.

If not initial then display it in the true part of an alternative( new one to be created ) and blank fields for all the cells in the false part.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou very much Rama and Hari.

Your solutions seems to be helpful.I will apply and let you know if it works out.