Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get suggestions in Filter without using a Value Help

David21
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I'm using CAP Node.js(odata v4) and for frontend I have used a list report & object page template with fiori elements. I have added multiple Filters in the Filter bar using the following annotation  :

f3.png

And because I have added Value Helps for only some Fields i.e. Group, only the filter for that Field shows suggestions :

suggestions.png

And for the current implementation scenario, Value Helps are not needed for Fields like Name. But because there isn't a Value Help added for that Field for input, that means there is no Value Help added for the Filter as well and thus there are no suggestions given by that filter.

So is there a way to get suggestions from a filter without using value helps or a way to make the value help only appear in the filter and not in the input field on the object page.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you can add vh for the field, and make  value help disabled in object page by doing some customization/code.

David21
Explorer
0 Kudos
It seems that because value helps are applied at property/field level, where ever that field is used it will be displayed as a value help i.e. If a value help is applied to the 'name' property, where ever 'name' is used it will show as value help.