cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a file from an internet site

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario where I need to get a file from a website.

Basically on a weekly basis one our customers are going to upload a file that contains all the information for delivery's for the coming week.

the way this used to be done is the user would go to the website directly and download the uploaded file.

However now we want to do it as an automatic integration using PI.

Does anyone have an idea how to do this? Is it even possible?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need HTTP GET command, which is not supported by PI adapters.

So create a web service, which opens the URL and receives the file. This Web service can be calles by SOAP adapter (you can also create a Java Proxy for this, whatever seems to be easier).

An ABAP job or a scheduled file adapter triggers the message.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan, could you maybe elaborate more on this...

Firstly a scheduled file adapter? Is it possible to schedule the file adapter and if so how?

Secondly if I am using the soap sender adapter how would this help me to trigger the process?

Thridly my issue with regards to taking a file that is uploaded to a website (it will be a csv file), can be solved by creating a webservice?

Thank you for your help.I

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Firstly a scheduled file adapter? Is it possible to schedule the file adapter and if so how?

When you enter time period to execute the file adapter, it is nothing but getting scheduled.

> Secondly if I am using the soap sender adapter how would this help me to trigger the process?

>

> Thridly my issue with regards to taking a file that is uploaded to a website (it will be a csv file), can be solved by creating a webservice?

He is asking you to write a web service which downloads the file from the http location and supplies it as an output to the caller. You need to call this web service from PI using the SOAP adapter.. if I understood it correctly.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Thridly my issue with regards to taking a file that is uploaded to a website (it will be a csv file), can be solved by creating a webservice?

I am sorry, I misunderstood this. I thought you want to download.

The upload is done with a HTTP POST, so you can use the HTTP receiver adapter.

Use the prolog and epilog to simulate the form data post.

Use an HTTP sniffer to get the whole HTTP stream, when you upload the file to the website to see, what you have to put in the HTTP adapter settings.

Here are some threads about that topic:

Regards

Stefan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do this by using http receiver adapter. Schedule a ABAP Program that will trigger the process. Your scenario will look like this

Proxy -> XI -> Http and the response back from the http will be your csv file which you can read in your java mapping and can do the processing whatever you want to do and send it to the desire system. Let me know in case you require more info on this.

Thanks

Amit

Edited by: Craig Cmehil on Jul 16, 2008 10:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mendez,

you can do this using SOAP adapter at the sender side.

Thanks & Regards,

Bharath.