cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do Batch call in RAP Odata with CHANGE_SET enabled for CREATE, UPDATE, and DELETE Operations?

Rajesh_Amirinen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have a RAP OData service with multiple entities with navigation relation( composition ).
UI developer can be able to do DEEP CREATE with multiple entities in a single call?

but for Update operations which may include update, create, and delete we need to use Batch operation to club all operations and send in a single request to the backend.

But I want to use change_set( deferred mode ) operation for all the create, update and delete operations so that it will happen in one session with either complete success of all operations or None in case of any error in any of the operation. 

I saw the invocation grouping UI annotation for grouping actions in a change_set.

But how to acheive same for create, update and delete operations( CRUD ).?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AbhishekSharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi @Rajesh_Amirinen 

You may try to use concept #ISOLATION and #CHANGE_SET

Using #ISOLATION - You may allow process multiple data which are valid per your use case and show failed records as error... 

You may want to watch below reference videos, may help:

ABAP RAP CHANGE_SET 

ABAP RAP Isolation 

Hope this helps...

Thanks-

Abhishek

Rajesh_Amirinen
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thank you @AbhishekSharma,
Rajesh_Amirinen
Explorer
0 Kudos

@AbhishekSharma, But I need this with create operation, change operation, and delete operation of the entities, not to specific action of the Business Object.