cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy VB.Net using Crystal Report on a PC that has Sage 300 installed?

husky-h
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having issues installing an in-house application (VB.Net) we are making in Visual Studio 2022 with Crystal Reports SP32 on a pc that has Sage 300 2020 v6.7.0.80.

In the setup, we have included the Merge Module (CRRuntime_13_0_32.msm) in the setup. If we install this on a pc that does not have Sage 300, everything works good. The problem is when we installed it on the machine that has Sage 300, it caused Sage to stop working since they are also using Crystal Reports but of a different version. If we omit the Merge Module for Crystal, than our in-house application does not work when we try to open a Crystal Report in the application. Our in-house application is independent of Sage and does not interact with it.

How do we make a setup for a VB.Net application using Crystal Report without interfering with Sage 300?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DonWilliams
Active Contributor

Hi Hans,

The problem is CR runtime, which Sage uses, cannot be side by side installs, CR uses the same folder structure on most of the versions so you can't have or put it into a different folder.

Unfortunately unless SAGE upgrades to the same version it's not going to work.

However, there may be one way to work around this.

In the Sage \bin folder or where ever their EXE is located add a sage.exe.config file, in the config file, it's just a text file, you can add a redirect, to tell CR runtime to work under an older version.

See this KBA:

https://userapps.support.sap.com/sap/support/knowledge/en/2719939

2719939 - Crystal Reports for Visual Studio Runtime versioning - side by side ability - what to do with WinFormCRViewer.zip from download WIKI

Unfortunately since I've retired that file no longer exists, it was in my WIKI page but SAP rewrote it but didn't include the file so you'll have to create your own file.

The line that does the redirect is this:

bindingRedirect oldVersion="13.0.2000.0"newVersion="13.0.3500.0"

Note: It's the framework you are specifying and not the actual version of the dll's.

Due to multiple file updates and dependencies I'm not sure this will work for you, I don't know what SP Sage is using, but it's worth a try. If it doesn't work your only option is to install your app on another PC and map the Sage data/reports/etc. to the old PC.

Don

husky-h
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Thanks for your help.

Answers (0)