cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hiding .unx from Webi users

fiodir_eissayou
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have several universes,.unv files, in one folder and one new universe, .unx, in another folder. Folders and universe user security are exactly the same setup to be on demand only. When I log in and try to create a Webi report, I can;t see any unv universes, but I am able to see the unx universe under another folder, even the security is set exactly the same on folder and universes. I have the same group with the same access level to both folders and universes. Anything special about unx files versus unv files? I am trying to not let users see the Universe when they create a new Webi report. (Bi 4.2 Service Pack 6). Works on .unv, but not on .unx!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

fiodir_eissayou
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your responses.

ayman_salem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

nice that you find the solution.

fiodir_eissayou
Explorer
0 Kudos

Great! after some testing, I got it to work by unchecking the "Apply to subobject". Greatly appreciate the detailed information.

fiodir_eissayou
Explorer
0 Kudos

I spoke too early! Still the same issue.

ayman_salem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's right, if the user can't see the universe, they won't be able to update the report based on this universe.

fiodir_eissayou
Explorer
0 Kudos

I got it to work with setting "Create and edit queries based on the universe" to Denied in Specific rights for Universe rather than going to general rights.

ayman_salem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assign the following user security in the CMC for the universe folder(s)

.unv User Security:

.unx User Security:

Final User Security:

Hope the screenshot is understandable and helps you solve your needs

fiodir_eissayou
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information. I am able to hide the universe from the Webi report designers, but I like View Only users to be able to run the existing reports based on that Universe. By selecting those, I am not seeing the Universe anymore in Webi, which is what I want, but users that have that access level for that group on the folder are not able to run the report and get the "You do not have the right to access data for this universe. Contact your administrator to request the appropriate rights. (Error: INF)" by denying "View Objects" at (Universe (Information design tool) General Rights.

ayman_salem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's right, if the user can't see the universe, they won't be able to update the report based on this universe.