cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!! Icon Components in Xcelsius

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to place icons (which represent cities) on a map for a dashboard. I need these icons to automatically turn green or red depending on their value.

My logic is 0 for a red icon and 1 for a green icon. I have city names in the right column, and the 2nd and third column are the values of that city ( i.e chicago , 0 , 0 ) the I don't have goals.

I am struggling to get the logic to work; specifically, I'm not clear about the "two cell reference message", what the source data should be, insert in etc. I tried creating a table like I would for a chart (i.e. =cell f2 for display data etc..) But it;s not working.

PLEASE HELP ME, I AM GOING INSANE! THANK YOU!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renee,

u201Ctwo cell reference messageu201D is just for the Data Insertion property. If Icon is ON, the second value is inserted to the destination; if the Icon is OFF, first value is inserted to the destination.

From your description, I notice that you want to use Icon component to display the status but not need to use the Data Insertion property. Display Value property in General Tab and Alert property can satisfy this use scenario:

1) (Optinal) Uncheck u201CShow ON/OFFu201D in Appearance tab->Layout sub-tab.

2) Bind u201CDisplay Valueu201D to a cell that you can use other component to insert data to dynamically.

3) Alert controls the u201CDisplay Valueu201D---same to the step 3) in Mustafau2019s answer.

Hope this can help!

Grace Yu

Xcelsius QA Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renee,

You can achieve the desired result by carrying out the following steps in the Properties window for each icon component:

1) On the General panel, link the Display Value to the spreadsheet cell that will contain the value 0 or 1, to toggle between RED and

GREEN;

2) On the Appearance panel and Layout tab, uncheck the "Show On/Off" box;

3) On the Alerts panel:

i) Check the "Enable Alerts" box and select the "By Value" radio button;

ii) In the Alert Thresholds section:

(a) Uncheck the "Enable Auto Colors" box.

(b) By default there should be 3 color band ranges. Delete the middle YELLOW band, leaving GREEN as band 1

and RED as band 2. Enter the value "1" in the "To" field of band 1 (ie the GREEN band);

iii) In the Color Order section, select the "High values are good" radio button. This should flip the range colors so that the first one

is now RED and the second one is GREEN.

After carrying out the above steps, the icon should display RED when the cell value is 0 and GREEN when the cell value is 1.

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your useful directions. Before this I thought it was not possible to change the icons on/off colors.