Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello World with local SAP WebIDE?

former_member190849
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have installed SAP WebIDE on my local pc.

I am able to start orion.exe and connect to the SAP WebIDE using http://localhost:8080/webide/index.html.

I want to create my first project.

As guide I am using this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHZhzkU4-wc&list=PLkzo92owKnVwnV5o1psI7XSA-AquO9_9g

This exactly shows what I want to achieve, but I cannot.

At 0:41 the screen "New Project" in the video shows 2 input fields, in my local environment there is only 1 input field (Project Name), but the second one (Application Domain) is missing.

I fill in the same Project Name (myApp) as in the video and click Next.

At 1:04 the screen "Select a Template" in the video offers 5 options:

1: Empty SAPUI5 Project (with 2 flavours: Empty SAPUI1 Desktop App Project and Empty SAPUI5 Mobile App Project)

2: SAP Fiori Application

3: SAP Fiori Extension Project

4: SAP Fiori Internal

5: SAPUI5 Mobile Application

In my local environment there are only 3 categories offered:

1: Basic SAPUI5 Project (without flavour selection)

2: SAP Fiori Application

3: SAPUI5 Mobile Applications

When I select Basic SAPUI5 Project, that does not work like the Empty SAPUI5 project.

At 1:37 the screen "Template Customization" in the video asks for 1 input (View Name).

In my local environment there are 4 input fields:

1: Application Type (select options: Desktop or Mobile)

2: View Type (select options: None, XML, JSON, JavaScript or HTML)

3: Namespace

4: View Name

When in my local environment I select Desktop and HTML, enter the same view name as in the video (main) and click Next, the screen "Confirm" is shown, like it is in the video at 1:57.

When in my local environment I click Finish, the project tree is shown at the left side an I can expand it. The SAP Web IDE screen looks the same as in the video at 2:14.

When in my local environment I run the index.html the same way as the video shows at 2:27,

an totally empty application area is shown with light blue background, but without the header as shown in the video at 2:36.

What may I have missed to have a starting point as in the video to change the "Title" string to "Hello World"?

How could I achieve a header with this string as in the video?

Is there another tutorial (written or video) that might be followed in detail in my local environment with some more success?

I would appreciate any help on this. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heiner, I faced same differences, probably due updates on the Web IDE. You could create an UI5 project, with JS view, like I have done. It will achieve the "Hello World" also, ust change the JS source. The youtube stuff you are pointing to is old, very basic and should give only a rough idea how this could work,

cheers