cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble installing Fiori apps from App Library

RaminS
Participant
0 Kudos

Trying to install Sales Order Overview F2200 from Fiori App Library. We followed the instructions and installed  the UI software components, the app, activated the services, etc.

Now the app works but none of the pages that it links to work. Do we have to manually install all the related apps? It will take forever, there are 1300 aggregated apps! 

We started installing some of the related apps, but now we're seeing "Lost References" in SAP catalogs in Content Manager.

RShafai_0-1706294787652.png

Why did SAP's objects go missing? Do we have to install anything else? 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

GregMalewski
Contributor

Hi RShafai,

Activating individual apps manually will lead to such issues. Choose the standard Business roles and run the task list "SAP Fiori - Content activation for Business Roles" instead.

Read more about it in my Quick Tip: Instead of activating individual SAP Fiori applications, use the standard SAP roles as a ...

Best regards
Greg Malewski

RaminS
Participant

Thanks a lot Greg.

The problem is that there are a lot of blogs and videos still showing how to download individual apps. For clients who just upgrade to S/4, the those blogs show up first in searches. Perhaps SAP should take those off or at least ask the authors to update.

It also doesn't help that SAP's Fiori App Library has no mention of the new Rapid Activation process based on business roles. The standard "Aggregate" install still points to Maintenance Planner installation, which is totally different.

Anyways, thanks for pointing us the right way. Hopefully other new S/4 clients will find their way somehow. 

GregMalewski
Contributor
0 Kudos
Quick take on search results: it's in our hands, the community. Upvotes shape what surfaces first. Maybe SAP could refine contributor reputation handling a bit.
RaminS
Participant

Yes, But most people like me do Google searches.

I just did a google search for "sap install fiori apps" and the first 5 results are blogs about individual app downloads, no mention of Rapid Activation process. The blogs have 14 and 9 Kudos (yours has 4 so far). Another result is in Linked-In blogs, and one from SAP help, again no mention of Rapid Activation.

I have yet to see a document that actually tells you how to do Rapid Activation, I mean what to do inside STC01. I know it looks simple, but many complications can arise. We are still struggling with installing Sales Order Overview app from the SD package, after a week of work. We ran the Rapid Activation in STC01, now getting errors about data elements missing, unit conversion errors, cds views not available, etc.

Anyways, your point is valid though, we should make sure to give kudos to help the search functionality in the community. 

Answers (0)