cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Error message while trying to access security editior for a IDT universe

sonal_neema
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created universe in SAP BO4.1, using IDT.

I have applied row level security for User Groups using Security Editor.

I have published the changes to repository.

But when I am trying to re open the security editor for that universe its throwing error:

"Unable to load security for universe ID ATF10O... (IDT 022123)."

I am not able to edit row level security, even this security restriction is not restricting data in WebI report.

Thanks for your response.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonal,

The local file of Business Security Profile is missing or damaged.

Resolution

Use the workflow to reset the problematic Business Security Profile in the filestore. After that, you can manually re-create the new Business Security Profile to make it working.

1. Logon to CMC and find the ID of the universe with issue(e.g. 9010).
  2. Logon to Query Builder (http://<web server>:<port>/AdminTools/).
  3. Find the detail information about this universe with the following SQL statement:
    select * from CI_APPOBJECTS where SI_ID = 9010
  4. In the Search Results List, you will find a row with the title of SI_SL_BSPS (Business Security Profile), note down the number of it(e.g. 9016).
  5. Then search with the following SQL statement in the Query Builder:
    select * from CI_APPOBJECTS where SI_ID = 9016
  6. In the Search Results List, SI_PATH is the local file address of the Business Security Profile (e.g. frs://Input/a_146/035/000/9106/).
  7. Then you can back up the file and delete it.
  8. Select a Business Security Profile without issue and rename it as the deleted one.
  9. Put the new normal Business Security Profile under the location of the deleted file.
  10. Then you can delete it in the IDT and recreate it normally.

Refer: SAP Note - 2080272 - Error "Universe access failure Unable to load security for Universe ID XXX (IDT 022123)" a...

--Raji. S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonal,

I hope you might resolved this issue already. I'm facing the same. Can you please help me how to fix it?

Best Regards,

Shalini.

sonal_neema
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shalini,

Try creating duplicate IDT in same repository and create new security for the duplicate IDT, save it.

Then you will find the row level security that you have created for main IDT will be enable and you can edit the security. Thenafter delete the duplicate copy of IDT from repository.

Whenever you want to edit the row level security of IDT you will have to repeat the same process.

Regards,

Sonal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check that security is applied to Universe or not from CMC if possible.If not try to apply the same thing on Efashion and check.

sonal_neema
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I am applying this security profile on .unx universe. So I could not check by apply to Efashion univesre.

But when I tried to apply security profile to other .unx universe, suddenly the security applied for all other Universe comes and working fine(which was previously not able to load) and now I am able to edit security profile for all Universes.

But when I log off and again login and try to edit the security profile, its giving me same message.

Data restriction in Report is wroking fine, but I am not able to edit the security profile now.

Thanks for your support.

Sonal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonal,

1) Convert Efashion(.unv) universe to (.unx) format by using IDT and check the security.

2) Do you have rights to edit the particular universe you are speaking about, check with your admin.

3) If you have enough rights, try to republish the univ in to diff folder and check, it shd work now.

sonal_neema
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Same issue when I tried with Efashion.

2) I have full access rights to universe.

3) I have tried publishing Universe again to different location.

Same issue in all cases.

Thanks & Regards

Sonal