cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Tools (VSCode) socket hang up during FE App creation with on prem S/4HANA OData Connection

termanico
Participant

Hi,

I have a problem with Fiori Tools in VSCode.

When I create a Fiori Elements App (LROP) with the Template Wizard (Fiori Tools version 1.1.4) and try to connect to one of our on premise S/4HANA Systems (1909 FP00), I get the error message: A connection error occurred, please ensure the target host is available on the network: socket hang up

I can connect the same system (manually) to a free style application as datasource without any problems!?

It's a bit annoying, because it used work flawlessly with an older version of the FE Template 😞

Unfortunately, I cannot see a more detailed error message - output / VSCode Dev Tools 😞

Does anybody has the same problem?

Any kind of help is more than appreciated 🙂

regards

Thorsten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

termanico
Participant
0 Kudos

Good news - problem is solved! 🙂

First of all - many thanks and kudos to quiggs1000 and david.oconnor for debugging so patiently with me!

In the end it was an issue with the axios call (get) to our OData Catalog service.

btw: the output pane in VSCode reveals more details if you set environment variable AXIOS_LOG to true (AXIOS_LOG=true).

I investigated on axios socket hang up errors and found this interesting blog on stackoverflow:

javascript - Socket hang up when using axios.get, but not when using https.get - Stack Overflow

It suggests to delete all proxy related environment variables, in order to avoid socket hang up errors with axios.

After doing so (I had one http_proxy environment variable) and cleaning up .fioritools/systems.json, it worked flawlessly! 🙂

Btw: we also got an SPNego message, but this was coming from our internal Kerberos SSO mechanism, however, obviously, it wasn't a showstopper!

Best Regards from Munich

Thorsten

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

IanQuigley
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

Can you please reach out to me at ian.quigley@sap.com, and I will set up a meeting with one of our developers to discuss and debug for you, if that's ok with you? Would love to get to the bottom of this topic.

Thank you,

Ian

termanico
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks in advance Ian - I really appreciate this!

I'm gonna contact you via E-Mail

br

Thorsten

IanQuigley
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks Thorsten,

Sorry that this didn't work :(. In order to see the logs, you can click on the "play" icon in the top right of the Generator window:

And that should launch the output view, pointing to the generator:

I'm not sure you will get more useful information. If not, you can also try and launch the generator from the terminal and see more info. Please launch a terminal in VSCode and type:

yo  @sap/fiori

You should then be able to follow the prompts and provide your URL.

The "Socket hang up" message is from NodeJS when it can't route to the destination. It does seem odd that it works with the old generator. Happy to jump on a call with you if the log output above doesn't help.

Regards,

Ian

termanico
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

I tried to start Yeoman directly as proposed with

yo  @sap/fiori

What I got, is this:

Maybe it's because of this strange message:

Filtering system with ID [https://c3772e9b-cf8b-47b3-a82e-ec20b2fecfb3.abap.eu10.hana.ondemand.com] as it seems corrupt. Run repair

Does Fiori Tools save configurations infos in some config files? - and is there something corrupted, maybe? I don't know, where this system-ID is coming from - maybe from one of my previous attempts to connect to steampunk trial!?

regards

Thorsten

IanQuigley
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Thorsten,

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with the Fiori generator. From first inspection, it looks like the OData URL you are providing is internal and may need to use your company proxy in order to connect, Is that the case?

If so, can you please launch the "Settings" panel in VSCode and in the search box type 'proxy'. Please ensure that the proxy settings are correct for your organisation, and that the Http Proxy support is 'on':

Please let me know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Ian

termanico
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick answer, Ian!

I checked Proxy settings - they are probably correct, since it all works very well with a connection/OData Service to the external ES5 SAP Training System.

Apart from this, the proxy is probably not involved at all, because I'm working within our corporate intranet - just where the S/4HANA System is located.

Additionally, I can use the S/4HANA System as DataSource (manifest.json) in one of my freestyle UI5 application and this works perfectly.

It rather seems to be an issue within the app generator!? Do you know, if there are any logs written?

Regards

Thorsten