cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have two files placed at my server location at differnt foledrs ,how to pick them at different intervals.

c:/folder1/file1.txt is the first file path

c:/folder2/file2.txt is the second file path

regards,

rao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> how to pick them at different intervals

You could create two File Adapters (one for each file) and give them your wished interval.

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chirag,

if we use two adapters then we need to create two sender aggrements,for that we need two msg interfaces as the structure is same we hav created only one interface.but,the data which will be picked will be differnt at different time intervals?

i hope u understood my reqirement.

Regards,

rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you will need two sender agreements, but you can use the same msg interface for both.

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thats what my question to u:

1) Both the file will have the same data or different data and the structure of both the file is different or same?

2) At What time intervals u need to pick up ur files.

3) The file name is which u have specified is always remains the same.

4) Both the file will be placed in the directory at the same interval.

Let me know the answer of my questions.

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chirag,

1) Both the file will have the same data or different data and the structure of both the file is different or same?

both files will hav differnt data and same structure.

2) At What time intervals u need to pick up ur files.

i need to pick the files with atime interval of 12 hrs.

3) The file name is which u have specified is always remains the same.

the file names in the two folders will be differnt like

file1.txt and file2.txt,and this always remain same.

4) Both the file will be placed in the directory at the same interval.

files will be placed at different intervals

Regards,

rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

What u can do is:

1) Use the file.txt name for both the file.

2) Place the same file in only one directory at the different interval of time.

3) Use only one File adapter in the configuration scenario with the only one directory details.

4) Schedule ur file adapter with the time interval which u wanted to pick.

u need to create the two schedule and u need to specify the different time intervals for both the scheduler.

just check the below link how u can schedule the file adapter.

Sceduling channel isfrom SP19

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/26/adapter-scheduling--hail-sp-19-

practically u do not have n numbers of file for different n no of data.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chirag,

u mean to say that instead of keeping the two files in differnt directoires u mean to say that we should keep them in a single folderand by giving the same name.

Regards,

rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As u said ur structure of the file is same but data may be different.

for example

Name Age Location is the format of file

First file has data

Alex 23 Mumbai

Second file data is

Parag 45 US

So in this case do not place the file in two separate directory place place both the file in one directory with different intervals.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chirag,

thanks for your inputs.

i have one more doubt,should i give same file name there.i.e filename.txt for the two files which will be placed at differnt intervals.

Regards,

rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Keep in mind if u have a file and have the same structure then for each new data u will have n nos of file but that file has the same name.

Now how the scenario works If u have a polling interval of 60 second and file name as test.txt. then afer every 60 sec u will have a test.txt file in the same directory location and file adapter will pick up that file from that directory location.

U can also one thing convert the 12 hrs interval time period into sec and put that sec figure in file adapter polling interval hence ur problem will be solved.

chirag

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chirag,

thanks for your prompt response.

Regards,

rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Welcome and pls close the thread

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao

Yes we can give the same names, no problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chirag,

if we giv same names and place in a folder,how does the adapter know which file should be picked?as the name are same adapter may pick second file instaed of first file..right ?i think it may lead to duplication of files?

Regards,

rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Ur file is placed after certain interval u said that u r not placing both the file at the same time it is placed at different intervals.

SO based on the polling interval ur file will be picked up.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chirag ,

if i schedule my adapter at 9AM and place my first file in the server and give poll interval of 43200,file will be picked after 12 hrs means 9PM...but i want my first file to get picked at 9am ONLY,AND I WANT MY SECOND FILE TO GET PICKED AT 9PM,how it is possible.

Regards,

rao

Edited by: rao n on May 8, 2008 7:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IN this case u need to create two schedule first one is 9 a.m and second will be at 9 P.m through RWB.

Check out the same.

Sceduling channel is from SP19

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/26/adapter-scheduling--hail-sp-19-

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chirag,

ok, i will schedule my adapter using adapter schedulling.

regards,

rao

Edited by: rao n on May 8, 2008 7:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If say u have schedule ur file adapter from 9 am to 9.30 am and u have put the polling interval of 5 min (convert it into Sec) then from 9 am to 9.30 am it will poll to the directory with the 5 min of time interval.

at 9.30 ur adapter will be inactive.

chirag

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chirag,

ok, i will schedule my adapter using adapter schedulling.so,that my adapter gets active at specifed time.what should i give in poll interval of communication chaneel?

regards,

rao

former_member193376
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

Use 2 file adapters to pick both the files and in the communication channel(where you choose the type of adapter) specify the poll interval as to when you want the files to be picked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

With two communication channles, we can any way do it.

Are you expecting to achieve this with only one communication channel?

Please clarify.

Regards

Bhanu

Intelligroup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bhanu,

if we use two comm' channels we should use two adapters...............right.if we use two adapters we should create two sender aggreements..for this we need two msg interfaces....i have only one msg interface ...we cant create two sender aggrements with single msg interface....?as structure is same for the two files,but the data is different and will be placed in differnt folders and these should be picked at differnt intervals?

Regards,

rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In sender agreement we specify the which sender communication channel will be used not the interface name.

let me know answer to my questions so that I can suggest u proper solution,

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Use the two file adapter and provide the directory path and file name and server information along with the polling interval in the file adapter.

refer the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/frameset.htm

i wanted to clarify something why u r putting both the file at different location. both the file having the same content or different

chirag

Edited by: Chirag Gohil on May 8, 2008 8:39 PM