cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Blueprinting documentation out of Solution Manager

0 Kudos

Hello Solution Manager experts,

I have an unusual question.

We have an old Solution Manager v4 system that we are trying to decommission as it's no longer supported. The only reason we need to keep it is for blueprinting documentation in SOLAR01 from a CRM solution we have and this CRM is due to be decommissioned itself in 2 years. So we are trying to get the documentation out of Solution Manager.

All our other SAP systems are running in a Global datacentre and connected to another Solman system, but we are not allowed to migrate the documentation into this "Global" Solman system, as it's "Local" documentation. As we only need to retain this documentation for a defined period and we don't access it that often, we would like to export all the documents down to a local server and access them through Windows. As there are around 2000 docs we couldn't check them out one by one so we were hoping there is a way to perform a mass export down to the Operating System.

If you know of anyway to do this then please reply to this question.

Many thanks,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Please check the below link ,

Rg,

Karthik

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks for your suggestions,

@Karthik, I was very interested in the Mass Download to PC but it apprears that you lose teh document names, with around 2000 docs this wouldn't get the go-ahead.

I'm not familar with the SAP Knowledge Warehouse , would this keep the project structure and document names?

@Fabricius, we are looking to keep the documents as separate documents, preferably in a folder structure as they are in Solman. Maybe I'm asking for too much....

Thanks again,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

one option is described in this url:

http://scn.sap.com/people/markus.mueller8/blog/2011/04/01/solution-manager-document-management--usin...

but this won't be as organized as you intend.

I'm not aware of any way to achieve this, like having the whole structure as seem in the project with the documents in each folder. I'll research on this topic. If I find anything I'll update here.

best regards,

Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Do you need get the content from all documents separately? I think the easiest and quickest way would be flagging all of these documents as blueprint relevant and then generating a blueprint document with all content compiled there.

best regards,

Fabricius