cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execution of integration content in HCI and PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear integration experts,

as I understood it is possible to execute the integration content of SAP HCI in two different runtime areas. One is SAP-HCI (cloud-based) and the second is SAP-PO 7.5 (on-premise).

My question is, is it the same with the integration content I create in SAP PI/PO? Or did I misunderstood something wrong with the execution of the HCI development artifacts?

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Not sure if you already got the answer for this but my 2 cents:

"This is why I was wondering if there is any possibility  to run integration content of SAP PI/PO in SAP HCI runtime."

You can run HCI designed and configured content on SAP PO with HCI runtime but not vice versa.

So, that means HCI does not individually come with a SAP PO runtime where SAP PO is being offered with 2 runtime environments.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

VJ

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Patrick,

Running SAP HCI in SAP PO?Guess this is not possible as both are different systems.

You have the 2 options to integrate 2 systems using SAP HCI or SAP PI/PO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

here is mentioned following:

"SAP HCI for PI allows you to design integration scenarios using a Web application.

To execute the integration content, different integration runtime environments are supported:

• SAP HCI integration runtime (Cloud-based) 
  • SAP Process Orchestration (on premise, as of release 7.5 SP0)"

This is why I was wondering if there is any possibility  to run integration content of SAP PI/PO in SAP HCI runtime.

What I understand yet is, that you need to use the web interface with an specific product profile to design the scenarios. Depending on the product profile you can run the scenario either in HCI OR in PI/PO.

What I'd like to know is, what's about using the Eclipse environment?

Thank you for any contribution.

Best,

Patrick

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Patrick,

Check the below link and see if it gives you an idea.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Patrick,

As far as my understanding goes,there is no option to select Product Profile in Eclipse HCI Tools.

Hence, it does seem to be an option only available on HCI WebTools.

Having said the same, an alternate workaround would be to build your flow on Eclipse, export the project and import into WebUI and then you should be able to just switch the product profile.

All of this is theoretical know how - never tried this as my HCI tenant does not have a PO Product Usage Type and as per SAP this is currently not available on Partner Tenants!

Have you been able to try this feature with the WebUI? Any insights to it worth sharing if yes?

Regards,

Bhavesh

Sriprasadsbhat
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh and Patrick,

There is option available in Eclipse too.

Navigate to Windows-->Preference-->SAP HANA Cloud Integration-->Product Profiles and you have option to select the same.

Regards,

Sriprasad Shivaram Bhat

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Sriprasad!