cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception when using Email webservice in webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using the standard email web service as model in my webdynpro application. The WSDL of the application that I use is:

http://www.abysal.com/soap/AbysalEmail.wsdl

When I deploy and run the application, I get an error:

"<i>Service call exception; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.exceptions.InvalidResponseCodeException: Invalid Response Code: (400) Bad request. I only understand GET.</i>"

Indeed , when I look at the source code in browser the transport and upload happen via POST. How can I send GET request using webdynpro ?

Best Regards,

Nishant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nishant,

Actually, sending XML as SOAP request body mandates using either POST or PUT (or some other HTTP method with body like PROPPATCH in WebDAV), but definitely not GET.

So SAP WebServices framework works correctly in this case, and there is no way to override this behavior.

<i>Service call exception; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.exceptions.InvalidResponseCodeException: Invalid Response Code: (400) Bad request. I only understand GET.</i>

I'd recommend authors of this service to study corresponding HTTP RFC-s -- what they did is violation of HTTP and REST priciples.

VS