cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS business package

fareed_khan4
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have configured ESS business package WebDynpro base).

I have some concern about on ESS business package

Should I copy the entire SAP ESS business package to the customer name space or assign ESS role to user from original location (Where ESS is installed)

Some more concern I have:

In ESS Business package we do not need to implement lots of area. Eventually we will hide these areas from IMG. If we hide the Areas from IMG, does IMG will look the location of the iviews from the original location or it look from the location where I have ESS business package copied to customer name space?

If we have to modify the business package should we copy this business package to customer folder?

I do really appreciate if someone assists me with my concern.

Fareed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. You can copy the SAP delivered ESS BP to a custom folder. In this case, you will have to modify all the RESOURCE entries in home page framework one by one. RESOURCE contains direct URL to the ESS service page in PCD.

URL is of type ROLES:// <PCD location>.

2. If you copy and customise the ESS BP, for changes to take effect, u will have to modify all resorces PCD location in Homepage framework configuration. Now the question is, to create new resources or change the original ones... No one will advice change original ones, because once u change them... u cant go back to SAP delivered ESS easily.. again u will have to change PCD location to original.

3. Now if u decide to copy and change resources, u will have to make changes in all the related services in Home page framework ...

So Changing the PCD location is a Big crappy work.

4. Instead, what u can do is, Hide services / Areas that u dont want to show to customer. In this case, u will have to modify SAP delivered Role also. Whatever

worksets u want to hide, u can make them Invisible in navigation.

Now, if u want to go back to original ESS BP, u just need to unhide the content!!

I prefer this "Hide and Seek" instead of long procedure to modify all Resources and services.

Cheers!!

Ashutosh

fareed_khan4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks you Ashutosh !

fareed_khan4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ashutosh Gulkhobre

One question

on the 4 point, you are saying that I should modify at the portal level or from IMG ( in this case the ESS business package should be at the orignal location)

another thing If I have for modification of business package I have copy the package to customer name space.

Where I can find the documentation on following topic.

"RESOURCE contains direct URL to the ESS service page in PCD.

URL is of type ROLES:// <PCD location>.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/c2/d343c938ae419197aa23e637f4fe0b/frameset.htm">this SAP help</a> link for Home page configuration.

Regarding point 4.

You can hide Areas / services in IMG on R/3.

After doing this, u have to modify ESS Role on EP as well to hide related Worksets.

If u hide benefits area from R/3 and u wish to hide Workset link in the portal, then modify the role and make the role invisible in navigation.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/c2/d343c938ae419197aa23e637f4fe0b/frameset.htm">Refer this</a> for more information on Hiding areas / services.

Cheers!!

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh.

We have made some worksets invisible in the navigation in the original iview. Do you know if this type of change gets overwritten when applying ESS support packages?

thanks much.

Carlos

Message was edited by:

Carlos Herrera

Answers (0)