Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Webi Rich Client BI 4.1

ragove
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

A user from his local machine is trying to access the Report in Web Intelligence Rich Client and faces the following error:

Database error:

(CS) ''DBDriver failed to load:  C\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\dataAccess\connectionServer\Drivers\lib64\dbd_oci.dll (The specified module could not be found)  (IES 10901) (WIS 10901)

----Environment Info----

BI 4.1 SP5, Two Node Cluster

Oracle 11g

Windows 2012 Server

--Steps Tried--

1. Made sure the Environment variable, PATH is set with Oracle home Directory until bin Folder.

2. Report works from BI Launchpad absolutely fine.

3. Made sure the TNS entries are set on the machine.

4. re-installed the 32bit same Version of Oracle client

Please suggest if there is anything that I have missed?  Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rahul,

Please check below KBA to resolve it :

• 2183130 - Scheduling Web Intelligence reports off of Oracle gives "Database error: (CS) "DBDriver failed to load: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\dataAccess\connectionServer\drivers\lib64\dbd_oci.dll (%1 is not a valid Win32 application. )" (IES 10901)"
  • 1619829 - BI 4.x Error "DBDriver failed to load IES 10901 WIS 1090" when creating a webi report from Webintelligence application on Oracle

Regards,

Mahak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

This issue is related to the middlware i.e. native client installed. As you mentioned, it is working fine in BI Launchpad. Do you have 64 bits Oracle client installed on server?

Are you using Oracle native drivers or ODBC in order to create the connection? As far as I am aware, ODBC is not supported in case of Oracle. You might cross check in supported platform guides.

Regards,

Yuvraj.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does the file it is asking for actually exist on the users computer?  If not, then the Oracle data driver for BO was not installed with the Client Tools.  Do an upgrade install of the Client Tools and make sure that Oracle is selected in the Data section of the install.

-Dell

ragove
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We performed a full Client re-install instead of instant Client.  I will though re-check what you and Pavan said.  Thanks.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Client Tools I was talking about are the BO Client Tools, not the Oracle Client.  There are two parts to being able to access data from the Webi Rich Client (and other BO clients).  The first is to have the actual database client installed, which you have already done.  The second is to have the BO "connector" for the database installed - this is the piece that enables the BO tools to communicate with the database client.

-Dell

ragove
Active Participant
0 Kudos

sorry,  I read as the Oracle Client Tools.  My bad.

It was working fine some days ago and suddenly stopped working and that the Oracle Client were re-installed, thats why I didn't check about the Drivers issue.  I will check again anyway.  Thanks.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not a problem - that's why I clarified what I said.

-Dell

pavan_k11
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Append LIB folder path in the PATH variable.

Are you able to connect to the data source using Sqlplus.

ragove
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

thank you for the reply.  I will check with the user and update.