cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in TMS configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our landscape is SCD (Dev) --> SCQ (Test) --> SCP (Prod), SCD being the domain controller.

We just installed SCQ. I configured STMS and replaced SCQ virtual system with actual system.

Now, when I execute connection test (from TX STMS) in system SCQ by selecting SCD i.e. is STMS --> Systems overview I select SCD and execute connection test.

I get an error,

Command Start TMS_CI_START_LOCAL_SERVI

Service Communication Interface

Start Online

Function TMS_CI_START_LOCAL_SERVICE

Message SYSTEM_ACCESS_DENIED

As a result, my TMS config remains inconsistant.

The RFCs are working fine in both directions. When I execute same test from SCD to SCQ, by logging in to SCD, it works fine.

As soon as I configure STMS in SCQ and execute the connection test, a lot of dialog WPs get occupied by TMSADM user and keep updating TMSALOG table and selecting from TMSMCONF and TMSCSYS.

This also starts filling up the /usr/sap/SCQ/DVEBMGS00/data/stat file vigorously.

The contents of the TMSALOG table are,

00000003 SCQ 091814SCQTMS_CI_START_LOCAL_SERV DOMAIN_SCD SCQ 000 CI TMS_CI_START_LOCAL_SERVICE SYSTEM_ACCESS_DENIED E

00000004 SCQ 091814SCQTMS_ALT_LOG_EXCEPTION DOMAIN_SCD SCQ 000 ALT TMS_ALT_LOG_EXCEPTION OK

Already Tried,

1. Reconfiguring STMS in both SCQ and SCD.

2. Checking permissions of trans and other dirs and entries in hosts and services files on both SCQ and SCD.

3. Applying BASIS SP packs till 14.

4. Upgrading the SAP Kernel to 147.

Pls help.

Regards,

Kiran Pol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if the both servers ping each other (check it at OS level). IF you have specified the server names (instead of IP addresses) in RFCs. Bind IP address with the host name in "hosts" file (I dont know your network configuration, I am assuming that you cannot access servers through name at the OS level).

Regards

Khalid Munir

PS. Please award points if it help resolving the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khalid,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already maintained the FQDNs in hosts file and servers can ping each with both hostnames and IPs.

Also, the RFCs (created automatically during TMS config.) are working fine in both the direction.

But although my RFCs are working, I get this TMS_CI_START_LOCAL_SERVICE and SYSTEM_ACCESS_DENIED errors while I try to check system SCD (connection check, Trans dir check..etc) by logging in to SCQ.

However, the checks are successfull when I login to SCD (domain controller) and try to check SCQ.

Any more suggetions will be appriciated.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you solve this problem?? i'm in the same situation... =( access denied... I added the SAPService<SID> users to both servers, and no luck....

Any help is apreciated, thanks in advance....

Map-h

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In my case there was a different underlying problem which was causing this.

On domain controller server, hostname (short hostname) to IP resolution for the server/system (which I was trying to add to domain) was wrong.

This had gone unnoticed as I had checked IP to hostname resolution and hostname to IP resolution for fully qualified hostnames but not for short hostnames. So check it from every possible aspect and issue lies there you have got the solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Kashyap Shah

SAP Technology Consultant

Answers (0)