cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error importing XI Web Service into VS2005

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created an XI Web Service and generated its WSDL file on my local PC. When I test this WS in SOAPUI I get a successful response. The problem occurs when I try to import this into Visual Studio 2005 using "Add Web Reference". If I provide the C:\ location of my WSDL file it gives me this error:

The document at the url file:///C:/MIOB_BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_CHECK2.wsdl was not recognized as a known document type.

The error message from each known type may help you fix the problem:

- Report from 'DISCO Document' is 'Discovery document at the URL file:///C:/MIOB_BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_CHECK2.wsdl could not be found.'.

- The document format is not recognized.

- Report from 'WSDL Document' is 'There is an error in XML document (2, 78497).'.

- Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: name

- Report from 'XML Schema' is 'The root element of a W3C XML Schema should be <schema> and its namespace should be 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema'.'.

If I try to import using the endpoint URL (found in my WSDL):

http://bdhp4320.na.pg.com:50100/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:PG_FIN_GL_WS:PG_FIN_GL_BAPI_AC...

I get the message "The HTML document does not contain Web service discovery information." and the following is displayed:

Message Servlet is in Status OK

Status information:

Servlet com.sap.aii.af.mp.soap.web.MessageServlet (Version $Id: //tc/aii/30_VAL_REL/src/_adapters/_soap/java/com/sap/aii/af/mp/soap/web/MessageServlet.java#16 $) bound to /MessageServlet

Classname ModuleProcessor: null

Lookupname for localModuleProcessorLookupName: localejbs/ModuleProcessorBean

Lookupname for remoteModuleProcessorLookupName: null

ModuleProcessorClass not instantiated

ModuleProcessorLocal is Instance of com.sap.aii.af.mp.processor.ModuleProcessorLocalLocalObjectImpl0

ModuleProcessorRemote not instantiated

I'm not sure how to import this into VS2005...please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the issue I was due to extra spaces in the WSDL file:

<xsd:union memberTypes=" xsd:time genericTime" ...

Correct:

<xsd:union memberTypes="xsd:time genericTime" ...

Here is the SDN forum where my I found the solution to this problem: