cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDit key mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's ..

I am once again here for the trouble .. As i cud not retrive my syndication map ( As in last Thread)..I created new syndication map ... I added new record in Data manger but the issue is its not syndicating back ..

When i checked Edit key mappping it didnt had any Value .. IThink thats the issue its not syndicated back..

Question ..

How Key mapping automaticaaly gets created .. because going down the line when we upload thousands of articles we cannot manuaaly key-in Key mapping for every article..

I think i have done some mistake in Syndication map...

Please can any one throw some light..

Just to be in detail when articles are imported from SAP to MDM key mapping get created automatically .. But for new article which are created in MDM and then sent back to SAP there is NO KEY MAPPING..

Regards

Vikrant M Kelkar...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikran,

When u imported records Through Import Manager U must have given Some value in Remote System.

That value gets stored for all recored u imported with that Remote Key (Remote Systems Value).

Now when u add record manually in data Manager, U hv to give manually Remote key to each record.

& then use same remote key while syndicating

Thanks,

Mahi

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

For having the key mapping for every record of data manager you need to enable remote key mapping in console for the particular table.

Then while importing data you need to map the required field to Remote Key field.

Do this and all records will have remote key.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Key mapping has nothing to do with stopping your records from getting syndicated.

- Key mapping is used to identify which records will get syndictaed to which sytem based on the primary key mapping you have done in the import manager.

- Just check for the following key mapping enabled as Yes in console,Remote key mapped correctly to the unique field in the source while importing.

- If these steps are correct then check i the syndication side

- The remote sytem and the value field in the source structure is mapped correctly to the destination items.

- In the map property check to see that the correct Remote system is selected in the output remote sytem property

- Also check mainly for the suppress unchanged records property in the map property as if this property is enabled and you have syndicated that record once it will not allow syndication of that rec again unless there is any change in the rec.

You can also follow the below link for a better understanding:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30843106-5539-2b10-75a9-da483911...

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Everyone...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

If you want to maintain the remote keys, then do follow the stpes mentioned in the above posts.

However, if your only requirement is to syndicate records that you create in Data Manager, then you will have to make a setting in the Syndication Map. Open the Syndication Map

Go to Map Properties->GO to the property

Suppress Record without Key - Untick this property.

& for testing purpose Make the property Suppress Unchanges Records as No ( Untick it).Later on, you can tick this property.

Hence, you will be able to syndicate the records which do not have a key.

I hope this solution suits your requirement.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Make the key mapping yes, the key values for record will be set. If you are not mapping with remote key in IM you manually will do this in DM by Edit key mapping, whenever new record is added to data manager it will be assigned to key mapping.

Hope it helps.

Rgds

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Your syndication map has nothing to do with Key Mapping.

Key Mapping :

Whenever u import any new record into MDM in import Manager u have to make Clone of ur source Id and Map actual Source Id to remote Key field in destination and id<Clone> to Destination Id and Import.

Then U check Edit Key Mapping in Data Manager.Before doing all this go to console --> Server -->Repository >(there u will find all table name created for particular repository)-> select product table name and do Ky Mapping as Yes.

After doing this only u will get remote key field in Import Manager.

Save Import Map.

Whenever new record is added to data manager it will be assigned to key mapping.

Try this.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

For automatic key generation you can make use Key Generation property of MDM.

Follow the below mentioned steps for the same:

1. In MDM Console unload your repository, go to Remote Systems table and set the Key Generation Property to Range for the selected remote system.

2. Specify the Range you want to setup in the From and To properties These values will be used as your key mapping.

e.g From = 1 and To = 100.

3. Load the repository and create a new record in Data Manager.

4. Create a syndication map and in Item Mapping Tab map the Remote Key Value to a destination Item. Also set the appropriate Output Remote System in Map Properties Tab.

The newly created record will be set automatically with a key mapping as specified in the Range. This key mapping will be visible

when you syndicate the data and not before that. After syndication it is created automatically in Data Manager as well.

Thanks and Regards,

Sagar Sonje

Please Mark Helpful Answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

If you are enabling the key mapping to yes in console for a particular table, the key values for the records will be automatically set, once you map the remote key while importing the records through import manager.

Whereas if you feed in the data in the data manager directly,

you are not mapping the remote key, so you will not find the key value for that record.In this case you have to manually edit the keys in the data manager.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz