cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eclipse open SAP GUI issue : Failed to open the SAP GUI for Java: Exception

Hismayilov
Participant

to replicate: Click Open SAP GUI.

Failed to open the SAP GUI for Java: Exception occurred: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DirectMethodHandleAccessor.invoke(DirectMethodHandleAccessor.java:119)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:578)
at com.sap.platin.embed.EmbeddedGuiFactory.getEmbeddedApplicationImpl(EmbeddedGuiFactory.java:512)
at com.sap.platin.embed.EmbeddedGuiFactory.createEmbeddedApplication(EmbeddedGuiFactory.java:182)
at com.sap.adt.sapgui.ui.internal.embedding.EmbeddedGuiConnectionFactory.getEmbeddedApplicationFromGuiFactory(EmbeddedGuiConnectionFactory.java:182)
at com.sap.adt.sapgui.ui.internal.embedding.EmbeddedGuiConnectionFactory.createGuiApplication(EmbeddedGuiConnectionFactory.java:190)
at com.sap.adt.sapgui.ui.internal.embedding.EmbeddedGuiConnectionFactory.getEmbeddedGuiApplication(EmbeddedGuiConnectionFactory.java:109)
at com.sap.adt.sapgui.ui.internal.embedding.EmbeddedGuiConnectionFactory.getGuiVersion(EmbeddedGuiConnectionFactory.java:167)
at com.sap.adt.sapgui.ui.internal.embedding.EmbeddedJavaGui.getGuiVersion(EmbeddedJavaGui.java:217)
at com.sap.adt.sapgui.ui.internal.embedding.EmbeddedJavaGui$2.run(EmbeddedJavaGui.java:113)
at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:318)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:773)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:720)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:714)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:399)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:86)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:742)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:203)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: The Security Manager is deprecated and will be removed in a future release
at java.base/java.lang.System.setSecurityManager(System.java:425)
at com.sap.platin.base.security.SAPGUIPolicy$1.run(SAPGUIPolicy.java:107)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:318)
at com.sap.platin.base.security.SAPGUIPolicy.installPolicy(SAPGUIPolicy.java:78)
at com.sap.platin.base.logon.GuiImpl.init(GuiImpl.java:90)
at com.sap.platin.base.logon.GuiImpl.<init>(GuiImpl.java:48)
at com.sap.platin.base.logon.GuiImpl.getEmbeddedApplication(GuiImpl.java:394)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DirectMethodHandleAccessor.invoke(DirectMethodHandleAccessor.java:104)
... 22 more

MAC. Venture 13.2.1

SAP GUI for Java 7.80 rev 2

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sratz
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Huseyn,

what version of Java are you using to run ADT?

It appears you are using either

• Java >= 18, or
  • Java 17, but with -Djava.security.manager=disallow

Both of this is not supported currently.

You need to use Java 17 and the security manager must be allowed.

Best regards,

Sebastian

peterpersiel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks Sebastian, this worked for me when I switched to 17.0.7 sapmachine jdk and javafx

0 Kudos

I'm getting the same error using:

SAP GUI 7.70 rv9
Eclipse Version: 2023-03 (4.27.0)
Eclipse ADT 2023-03 / 3.34.1

Java - 20.0.01
OpenJDK - 20.0.1

robertschulte
Explorer
0 Kudos

This problem is probably solved meanwhile, but for anybody else running into the same problem: easiest way is to let Eclipse just use the "SAP Machine" SAPGui for Java is delivered with. Under MacOS this e.g. would be sth like:

-vm

/Applications/SAP Clients/SAPGUI 7.80rev3/SAPGUI 7.80rev3.app/Contents/Resources/jre/Contents/Home/bin

in eclipse.ini

Hismayilov
Participant
0 Kudos

robertschulte

upgraded SAPGUI 7.8 rev5 and VM updated.

now having this

Failed to open the SAP GUI for Java: No compatible installation of SAP GUI for Java was found. Minimum version is 074000000000. Required architecture is aarch64. Please install a compatible SAP GUI version.

Installed versions:

/Applications/SAP Clients/SAPGUI 7.80rev5/SAPGUI 7.80rev5.app (078000040500, x86_64)

robertschulte
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi hismayilov,

please check: it seems you have SAPGUI x86_64 installed, but the arm64 / aarch64 version is needed.
I assume you have an M1/M2 mac?

Best regards,

Robert

Hismayilov
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sebastian,

Could you please suggest an SAP Note about it?

ar any possible step-by-step guide. ("Both of these are not supported currently." This is what I don't accept when it comes to SAP. SAP must/has to/obliged to provide good, stable, and modern IDE. If you use Eclipse on MAC OS you will understand what I mean. SAP absolutely ignores developers. If you think I am wrong, then help me to do my developments on MAC OS )

btw ABAP Development Tools : Version: 3.32.2