Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade sapui5 Library in Eclipse oxygen 4.7

former_member435532
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to modify an already existing SAPUI5 application but when I share the project I am getting a warning that the SAPUI5 Library version of GW and eclipse are different. I did searched on forum but could not downgrade the version on eclipse.

can someone provide me simple steps on how I can do it? The current application is on 1.44.32 and eclipse has 1.56?

I just need to do some basic changes, creating a formatter to fix date issue and a hyperlink on one of the web page. Is it ok, to proceed and ignore this warning?

Regards/AJ

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Considering your application is on a lower UI5 version than Eclipse, your app can't have any features which are not supported by the Eclipse UI5 version. You can simply go ahead with importing the app into Eclipse, why do you want to downgrade the Eclipse UI5 version?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ericci
Active Contributor

Hi Ajay, I think that you have two options:

1. In your index.html instead of using the local library, you can use the CDN version that you need. This is the CDN link for the version you've requested: https://openui5.hana.ondemand.com/1.44.32/resources/sap-ui-core.js
  2. You can import your current project into WebIDE. In your WebIDE, you can dynamically change the local SAPUI5 version used by changing the option inside your Project's Settings

former_member435532
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Emanuele,

thanks for your response, Can you please elaborate more on where this setting is(local SAPUI5 version used by changing the option inside your Project's Settings)?

Regards/AJ

former_member435532
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Emanuel, I got the setting and can see the place i can change the version. Couple of doubts, please correct me if I am wrong.

1. When I have checked in chrome console after running the application, the SAPUI5 library version was 1.44.32.

2. In the neoapp.json file it is (1.28.15)

3. In WEBIDE, the latest version is showing as 1.44.12.(not it is .12)

So if i select the latest version in WEBIDE as 1.44.12 and change the neoapp.json with the same version, there should be no issues when i deploy it?

Regards/AJ

ericci
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just made a test. I created a SAPUI5 app and setted the SAPUI5 version to 1.46.10

In all of this files/app I got the same version:

• neoapp.json
  • app opened in the WebIDE
  • app built and opened in the WebIDE
  • deployed app on SCP

The only version different (you can always check the real version of the SAPUI5 lib used with CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+P) version is in the app deployed on a FLP (SAP Fiori Launchpad) but this is because when you open the lib info it uses the FLP it just shows the version on the FLP.

If you want to also change that version you can open the FLP Cockpit and you have the settings to do that

rakesh2901
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

I think you can download the specific library from SMP , and import it to eclipse. Dont go for the latest version.

Regards

Rakesh

former_member435532
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rakesh, I have already downloaded the SDK(1.44.32) from(https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/#sapui5)but not able to install it on eclipse manually.

Any inputs on how we can install manually in eclipse?

Regards/AJ