cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display 'ALL' data in combobox in Xcelsius dashboard. (mod in universe)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a scenario, where I need to display "ALL" data in the Combobox or filter componenet in a dasboard. Xcelsisus dod not have an ability to aggregate and display the data. Thus I was told that that in the Universe, one could set the where clause by the hardcoded word "ALL' , and do not include in where clause. How does one achieve this functionality at the backend to reflect the "ALL" condition in the combobox in Xcelsius.

Thanks

AP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest you create an optional filter in your query.

The in you Excel spreadsheet you have to create 2 columns like this:

- First column contains displayed values as following:

- ALL
           - Caption 1
           - Caption 2
           etc

- Second column contains values that will be sent to the database (you can use in that case index awareness in needed):

- 
           - Key 1
           - Key 2
           etc

Notice that the first value is equal to null and will be interpreted as an optional answer to the prompt.

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

So in my Universe, I have 3 dimensions objects

1. State

2. Premium Tye

3. Year

State values hardcoded in Excel are:

'ALL',

'California'

'Delaware'

'Maine'

Thus in the WHERE CLaUSE of the State object dimension what should my sql statement be formed.

The Best Practices document says

Product =@Variable('product') or @variable('Product') = 'ALL'

Do you substitute 'produc' with State or the values of State like California, Delaware etc

Thanks

---

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In my Xcelsius dashboard the user can select values for the 3 dimensions (State, LOB, Agency), they also have the option of defining 'ALL' values.

I looked at the best practices document which asks to perform a Universe filter on each of the dimensions.

eg.) Product_Col = @Variable('Product') or @Variable('Product') = 'ALL'.

What is the values column or 'Product' going to be. Do I also set @prompt filters in the dimensions.

Thnks

Abhi

0 Kudos

Thanks to All,

In my scnerio I have Five ComboBox, eg Years,Months,Account Type,Premise,Billing, in All five Combobox our requirements is all dimentions in Combobox All labels eg. Jan.Feb,March, April......cont. and All labels of month

Plz help me regarding this i m using Xcelsius 2011 sp6 data connect through Excel Sheeets,

if any body have .xlf file like this Case plz share or send me at, m_shafiq08@yahoo.com