Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

DELTA LOAD query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have one query regarding DELTA LOad into Infocube.

One of my process chain failed at DELTA load of Infocube on sept 4.

Next load on 5 th is also failed .

So if i do full load for these two days then i set it to intial load without data. Will next Delta load on tommorow i.e on 6 th sept be fine. Does it work. Please advice me.

thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

first check the status of both loads.. if they r in red then proceed with reinit with data transfer once it is completed then change it to delta and save...

before this u need to delete te previous init

Siddhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would not suggest to go for reinit.

Instead I would suggest you to once again change the failed request to red once again manually.

Then delete failed request. And then try repeat delta. And your repeat delta should take care of your 4th and 5th delta.

Incase after checking you still find that all data is not loaded then go for full load with some selection parameter which should fill your requirement. But note that you will have to set repair flag in case you are doing full load in ODS. Once repair flag is set you can then carry on with delta loads.

Regards,

Rohini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohini.

I did the repeat . IT worked fine. I have verifed ODS data count with Infocube count.

Thanks a lot

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Let us know your source system (data mnart load or not). If it is any other source system then what is the data source CO-PA, LO, LIS or any generic extractors ?

Thx,

Soumya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But did you analyse the error? Well, delete the failed requests for 4th & 5th. If the error could be resolved try rebuilding the same request or by loading from PSA.

You can also do it by repeat delta.

And if you are doing full load for those two days using some selections it would do fine as you said.

Hope this helps you.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

first see the status of request that has failed and then based on that if its till PSA then rectify the error manually by editing the same and process the same to data target.

Else run the delta package again, at this point it will ask if u want to run delta again for the same request,as the previous delta has failed. say to run delta again, by ensuring the removal of the failed delta from data target.

After this is done then go ahead with the delta infopackage again, so that it loads the deltas after 4th.

Doing a full load for these two days and then triggering delta wont work, as the Delta sequence gets disturbed with this.

Correct me if I am wrong!

regards,

Naveen.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Data is actually loading from ODS into Infocube. Before completing the 4th Load, 5th load started,It cause the Infocube Delta load to fail.

So do you suugest me to load 4th delta first and then 5th delta. Record change field works,right?.

If i do full load for 4th and 5th data . Then initialization(With out data). Does the result deviate