cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleting data from an Pass Thru ODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

During the BI-congress in Dusseldorf (Germany) in 2005, BW 7.0 was presented. During one of these presentation it was told that the ODS should get the pass-thru function. This means that you can load data in an ODS, pass it to the next ODS and delete the data. Does anybody know how this is working, without doing a new initialization?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

I have also seen a presentation describing the Pass Thru (Through) ODS (DSO, now it is) with the functionality you described. The presentation was a SAP presentation. I thought the presenter was Jürgen Haupt.

I'm at a customer now, starting with BW with version 7.0, and in the architectural concept we wanted to use this functionality.

I thought we could use the write optimized DSO for this. But this one contains still bugs and does not have the functionality you described.

Maybe you can contact him concerning this question?

Have you by other means than this forum already some information gathered concerning your question?

Any other (SAP) Guru's with experiences regards this functionality,

Best Regards,

René

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you are right the Write Optimized Data Store was introduced to accept the extrácted data without overhead making the customer-development with Pass Thru obsolete.

Hope the bugs a fixed

Regards

Juergen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This question is not valid anymore since new released are available