cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decimal Notation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm now facing a problem related with different decimal notation between two XI systems. Both system are XI 3.0. Sender system is in SP19 and the receiver in SP15.

Data Type and Message Type are the same in source and target system. Field R65120060 is defined as a xsd:decimal with totalDigits="14=;fractionDigits="4".

When the message is sent from the sender system, field R65120060 is filled like this: <R65120060>0.0002-</R65120060> and when the message is received in target system field R65120060 has the value <R65120060>-2.0E-4</R65120060>.

I've already checked the decimal notation defined for both users and they are the same.

Do you have any idea about this?

Thanks,

Pedro Leal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned in this blog, that by setting the parameter com.sap.aii.mappingtool.flib3.bigdecimalarithmetic to true will solve you problem.

/people/thorsten.nordholmsbirk/blog/2006/08/25/new-arithmetic-and-statistical-functions-in-message-mappings-in-sp18

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

Can i specify com.sap.aii.mappingtool.flib3.bigdecimalarithmetic even in SP 15 (target system is in SP15)? Do i need to restart in order to make those changes effective?

Thanks in advance,

Pedro Leal

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Can i specify com.sap.aii.mappingtool.flib3.bigdecimalarithmetic even in SP 15 (target system is in SP15)?

Yes..

>Do i need to restart in order to make those changes effective?

I think no need to restart... I done the same thing but now I don't remember if I restarted the system or not. You try without retarting it and if it doesn't work then restart the Java server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to use the FormatNumber function for your case it should work.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't have any mapping between two systems.When the message is received in target system, and before I can do any mapping, field R65120060 is already with that strange decimal notation.

Is there any workaround or configuration that can be done?

Thanks,

Pedro Leal

Edited by: Pedro Leal on Apr 1, 2009 11:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have a negative sign indicated in the value. try to use the FormatNumber and if required use the if condition check whether the number is negative and if so then use the abs and neg functions along with FormatNumber. In formatnumber double click and specify the no. of decimal points which you need to specify

Regards,

Nithiyanandam