Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Button to create Follow up ticket

enrico_cozzolino
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we want to copy the functionality of the standard service request follow up button in the service request TI screen to create a follow up ticket.

We have an embedded component with buttons which should create a service request with a specific processing type.

Right now we can click on the button but it will open up an empty Service Request TI Screen. Any suggestions how to achieve this requirement?We tried to use the standard  action"CreatewithReference".

Regards,

E.C

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Enrico,

Do you simply wnat to add a fixed value?

This can be maintained in the UI Designer in the Data Model view.

If they should come from the calling UI I suggest to use List Modification Forms like mentioned in this document.

HTH,

Horst

enrico_cozzolino
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

thanks for the hint ! Yes a fixed value should be added like the processing type code and the rest of the ticket data should be received from previous ticket.

I guess this could help but i am now focusing more on a SDK- solution .

I was able to create a follow up ticket via ABSL code, but now i am stuck in opening the ticket after the ticket is created. Any suggestions ?

Regards,

Enrico

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Enrico,

Do you have an UI for the FollowUp Ticket?

You need to know the InPort parameters which you need to provide in the OutPort-InPort-Mapping.

Then you can trigger after the ABSL creation asnext opration in the UI the FireOutport.

HTH,

Horst

enrico_cozzolino
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

yes i have an UI for the FollowUp Ticket. I created an embedded component  with Buttons to create the follow up ticket on the standard Ticket_Ti screen.

It  works perfectly fine for me ! thank you

Ticket creation is now quicker then QuickCreate

Regards,

Enrico

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhishek_raj07
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Enrico,

I have made a custom contract BO and there is a field to add a standard opportunity. Then I have made a embedded component which consist of advancelist pane having some of the fields of the custom contract bo  and a new button to create custom contract which I added to the TI screen of the standard opportunity as a separate tab. So that the associated contract can be seen in the standard opportunity TI screen. These all are working fine.

I want to add one more functionality to fill some of the fields  when we click on the new button the embedded component like customer id, customer name etc ,the fields which appear in the TI screen of the particular opportunity. This is the standard functionality(create with reference ). But I am not able to do that. So please tell me how to add that functionality step by step or if there is any documentation for this please send the link to me.

Thanks,

Abhishek

enrico_cozzolino
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Abi,

as far as i remember,

i also tried to populate fields automatically.

But this approach also didn't work for me so that's one reason why I created this button with ABSL Script, which copies all data from SR and creates it. Sorry i can't help you there. I have no documentation on this. Normally you need to set up the correct InPort and Outport settings and retrieve the data from contract bo.

regards,

Enrico