Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal reports Oracle datasource connectivity

marius_margraf
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I’m trying to build a crystal report based on an Oracle database. The report runs fine on my client, but after saving it to BI platform I get an error message when viewing or scheduling the report:

The viewer could not process an event. The database logon information for this report is either incomplete or incorrect. []
---- Error code:0 [CRWEB00000119]

Both client and server have the Oracle client installed (32 and 64bit), tnsnames.ora configured properly in both clients and successful created and tested a connection in ODBC administrator (32 and 64bit). The ODBC connections are using the Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle.

For testing and comparison, I checked

• Creating a report with Oracle native driver – same behaviour: Report works fine in client but results in above error message on BI platform.
  • Creating a connection in IDT (using the ODBC connection) and creating a WEBI report based on that connection on BI platform – works fine.

Since I’m able to create a WEBI report successfully and ODBC connection on server is fine, I guess it’s a crystal reports issue. I noticed that when I create the reports in CR client, CR won’t display any tables or views of the database to me, I only get the “Create Command” button to create a SQL statement (don’t know if this is relevant, this behaviour is valid for both driver types (ODBC and native)).

After saving the report to BI platform, I noticed that the field “Database” when I check the database configuration of the report. I’m using the setting “use same database logon as when report is run” in combination with “use original database logon information from the report”, after saving to BI platform I entered the password in the appropriate field. For testing purposes, I also tried “use custom database logon information” but this resulted in the same error message.

I also checked the following notes:

CR client is CR 2016 SP 7 P 5, BI platform is 4.2 SP 7 P 5.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue? Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.

Regards,

Marius

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to Omkar's suggestion, you also need to go to the "Database Configuration" for the report in BO and set the database password. Crystal Reports does not save the password when you save the report. Make sure you set the "When viewing and scheduling report:" option to "use same database logon as when report is run" as well.

-Dell

marius_margraf
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dell, yes I'm aware of that, the settings are already set like you suggested.

omkarsambare
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The working and architecture of Crystal & Webi reports is different. Crystal reports will use 32 bit drivers, the error is because the Oracle Native client drivers are not configured properly. you have to provide the path of 32 bit driver before the 64 bit driver in enviornment variables.

marius_margraf
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Omkar,

the path variable is already set with 32bit path first:

For System variables it seems that the display is in alphabetical order, there is no option to sort the variables. Oracle_Home is here before Oracle_Home32:

Is this o.k. like this or do we need to change something?

Regards,

Marius