cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 8 Web Component Server on Win 2003

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Crystal Reports 8 Web Component Server installed on a machine running Windows Server 2003. I have several reports that run using ASP, however, I am having problems trying to get them to work on this server.

The problem that I am having is that when I bring up the reports using the ActiveX viewer, all I get is a white screen with the outline of the Active X control. I followed up all advices on this thread (http://p2p.wrox.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=29629&whichpage=1) and all dependent services are running, both services and everything is running under proper service accounts, but I still get the white screen. My Page Server can't be started, now it starts and immediately stops because it "may not have work to do". I checked the event viewer after restarting Page Server and there is an entry mentioning "Azoresnsclient.dll". I'm stuck now.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

CR 8 is way past it's end of life cycle. I believe also CR 8 did not support II6, you have to run it in IIS 5 compatability mode.

It may also be an issue with DEP, set DEP to Essential Services only and re-install, make sure you are a local PC admin when installing so you have full permissions to update the registry and install ActiveX controls.

Answers (0)