cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy and paste a table row in ALV

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi!

Does there exist any standard functionality for Copy & paste of table lines/rows in an ALV table?

I already use 'Insert' and 'Add' functionality. I use ALV for diplaying WBS elements and the user should be able to copy a WBS element line and paste it and then change the values in the pasted line.

regards, Tine

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I found out that the simplest thing was to create this as an ordinary table instead of ALV and then create my own buttons for insert, remove, copy and paste. I use the lead selection when user press copy and store it in a context attribute, and then retrieve this when user press paste. It all works very well.

Thanks for all input !

regard, Tine

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tine,

I think its the same as what I had suggested. Isn't it?

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is the same thought as you had. Nice to get a confirmation that this was the way to go

Thanks!

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tine,

There is no standard functionality available for the specified scenario however may be you can go for a custom development for the same with 2 buttons. The user would select a particular WBS row & then click on the COPY button. You would be able to fetch the data from the selected row by its lead selection & then when the user presses on the PASTE button you will have to append this new record to the ALV & at the same time refresh the ALV display. But guess that it would be quite a task for just a small thing..

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my knowledge there is no standard functionality for copy paste in alv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

There is no such functionality provided by Webdynpro ABAP. When you press CTRL-C the data is copied to the clipboard . Webdynpro does not provide any API or interface to read the data from clipboard as of now.

Regards

Vivek