Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

consuming ws

former_member203861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

I am consuming ws which works great on my deploying machine but on customer p.c I am getting the error : .Net engine can not be start

my machine is window server 2008 64 bit , the client is Win7 64 bit ( it works on most client's machines  , 32/64 bit most of them are win7/8)

I have checked that recent work frame is installed .

What can be the problem ?

using 12.5.1 build 4015

Thanks

Moshe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moshe;

Sounds like on some PC's, either the .NET framework is missing or the run-time is corrupted. For PB 12.5.x Classic (I assume), the generated WS's required is 4.0.

Note: PB 12.5.x's .Net WS interaction will not work with .Net 4.5 only installed.

Regards ... Chris

former_member203861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi chris

As you wrote i need to install .Net 4 any how , right ?

One pc which does not work , have installed .Net 4.5 . triying installing 4 version

brings up the message : "later version are already installed" and the installation terminates

any idae ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moshe;

All you need to do is confirm what versions of the .Net run-time are installed first. Have a look at the "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64" folder path for example.

The basic question really boils down to what are the differences between the PC's that work and the PC that do not? For example: a) presence or absence of a .Net framework version; b) presence or absence of a PB run-time DLL; c) difference in the System Path configuration; d) difference in a registry setting; e) difference in a "C" run-time version; .... etc, etc

Regards ... Chris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are all required powerbuilder runtime files installed (especially Sybase.PowerBuilder.WebService.*.dll)?

Where were Sybase.PowerBuilder.WebService.*.dll installed? (in application directory or in the GAC?)

Is the correct .NET framework installed?

Is the framework in system path?

former_member203861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rene

all dll's files are in application directory ( Sybase.PowerBuilder.WebService.*.dll + the one I have

created by WS Proxy )

What do you mean correct .Net framework ?

What does it mean frame work in system path ?

I know ( unless I am wrong of course ) Win 7 and up comes with framework 4 and up installed .

In other client's machines which works fine , I didn't had to do nothing with GAC or system path