cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting Microsoft database with SAP Lumira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to connect a Microsoft database (Contoso) with SAP Lumira SP15.

If so, what would be the steps?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

isn't Contoso actually a sample datasource of MS SQL Server,  rather than a product itself?

in which case, yes, you can use "free hand sql" via JDBC driver.

Another option: If you have BusinessObjects BI, you can can surface the datasource through a Universe (semantic layer) into Lumira.

there are Tutorials on this Lumira SCN space to help with all the above, if you search for 'tutorials'

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Thanks for the response.

But I am new to BO, so will it be possible for you to give me the details of the process of connectivity?

Or even if you could provide me the links to the tutorials, it will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - tutorials for Lumira are at and includes universe connectivity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand there are some drivers required to be installed for accessing Contoso database.

But the connectivity options in SAP Lumira 1.15 shows there are 2 options - SQL 2008 and SQL 2012.

From where can I download the drivers for Contoso and what are the steps for the driver installation?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Isn't Contoso is the name of the sample database? it will be running on either MS SQL server 2008 or 2012, you need to ask your administrator for that information if you don't know it.

here's a video about installing the driver Install data access drivers: SAP Lumira 1.12 - YouTube

You need to get the source file from the database vendor, SAP doesn't provide it.

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have managed to install the drivers successfully.

My question now is: how do I obtain a Contoso database? Since it can be connected through SQL, do I require an SQL Server to be installed? From where do I get the server and port details for the database?

I have tried browsing but very huge databases are only available.

I require a sample dataset with which I can create some storyboards.

Thanks in advance.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

is this a serious question?  

you had been talking about Contoso as if it was the centerpiece to your project, and now you ask "how to"?  

Please, work your local IT / DB administrator,  your line of enquiry is not within scope of this SAP Lumira-specific forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It sure is important to my project which is why I had to ask several questions but I don't seem to have received any relevant answers.

Anyway, thanks for your patience.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I'm recommending you ask a Contoso forum?

or post up a screenshot of your Lumira problem, if there is a problematic step in our application.

regards,

H

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

just to close the loop, there are some demo sources available in the application itself, on the home screen > samples. these are xls or csv based i believe.

Regards,

H