cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Differences in Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just added a new workflow container data element (populated by a method export parameter) to a workflow template in our development environment. It tests properly (method->task container->workflow container) in our development client but not in our test client (same system -- different clients). All workflow objects (to my knowledge) are client independent. Why would one client behave differently than another? Note: I've activated both the business object and the workflow template in both environments and verified that the binding is identical. (It has to be; it's the same template/version.) It's a mystery.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramki_maley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greg,

you are correct, all workflow objects are client independent. However, when you make changes to these objects, you must refresh the worklfow buffers by executing transaction SWU_OBUF (I do this in each each client I test in, to be safe). The system normally does this at midnight. It has been observed that certain changes still do not get refreshed and everything works as it should after the midnight refresh.

PS: You will find some interesting posts if you search for workflow & buffer.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The standing joke here when we don't have the solution to a problem: "It's a buffer issue." In this case it was. You were correct. Today it works fine. Thanks for your response. I'll take a look at the workflow/buffer posts.