cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Name of a Company code

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wanted to change the name of a company code('XY01'), i changed the name using path SPRO > Enterprise structure > Definition > Financial accounting > 'EDIT, COPY, DELETE, Check Company code'.

here, I changed the name of a company code(XY01) & update name i can see in table: T001(Company Codes).

I need to fetch the address details of the company code, So we are executing the FM 'ADDR_SELECT_ADRC_SINGLE' by passing the ADRNR(Address number)

{ADRNR(Address number) is getting picked up from T001-ADRNR) for the company code XY01}.

The result of the FM is bringing the OLD name of the Company code.

I was expecting, if i change the name of the company code, it will get update in table: T001 with the corresponding ADRNR(Address number) and the reference of this ADRNR will get update in table: ADRC-ADRNR too.

But it doesn't seems like that, because table: T001 has the updated with the new company code name but in table ADRC i can see OLDER name still exist.

Due to which above FM still give older name as output.

Could any of you tell me how can i change the name in both the places in a consistent way?

Regards,

Prince

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Prince

The name of the address of the company is not updated when you change the name of the company in SPRO.
You have to select the company and edit the address (Shift+F5) then change the name of the address also.

If you would like to update both at the same time you can write a report that updates the T001-BUTXT
then takes the addressnumber T001-ADRNR and updates the corresponding ADRC entry's ADRC-NAME1 field.

Please note that the T001-BUTXT can only be 25 character long while the ADRC-NAME1 can be 40.