cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change HOME page in portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello forum,

Here is quite a newbe question I suppose..

Is there a fairly easy method to change the content of the iViews on the HOME page in the portal?

We wish only to change the text in the 'SAP Enterprise Portal' iView (com.sap.portal.welcome.iView) in the 'Portal Information' page. I already copied the original page and iView to a separate folder.

Since we only need to show a simple text on this page, I think there is no need to develop a completely new iView, but instead want to change the existing iView (at least a copy of it).

Thanks!

Walter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The copied version of the iView wont help in this case since the code link is the same. This iView and several other welcome iViews are controlled by the com.sap.portal.ivs.iviewservice component.

You can download the component from System Administration->Support->Support Desk->Portal Runtime->Browse Deployment

navigate to ROOT/WEB-INF/deloyment/pcd

download the component "com.sap.portal.ivs.iviewservice.par.bak"

import the par file into NWDS

change "just the text" in the welcome.properties file within the PORTAL-INF/private/classes directory

export the par file to the Portal...presto!

Hope this helps, points are appreciated!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raymond,

How can we 'export the par file to the Portal'?

Thanks again and best regards,

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

If u used NDS to edit then just export it(deploy) to the server.

More here.. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/68/f64942da51690de10000000a155106/frameset.htm

or if u want to upload manually then u shud have PDK installed first. Go to PRT Admin Console and then upload by browsing your par file.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>!! ITZ POSTING TWICE, DUNO WATZ HAPPENING!!</b>

If u used NDS to edit then just export it(deploy) to the server.

More here.. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/68/f64942da51690de10000000a155106/frameset.htm

or if u want to upload manually then u shud have PDK installed first. Go to PRT Admin Console and then upload by browsing your par file.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

P.

Message was edited by: M Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello M Peter,

I was able to download the com.sap.portal.ivs.iviewservice.par.bak from the PCD; I imported it in NDS by means of 'import Portal Application Project from PAR file'; I was then able to see the contents of this file and make changes to the welcome.properties file in dist/PORTAL-INF/private/classes/. After changing the text for the 'WELCOME' field I used Create/Export PAR file to upload the changes back to the portal. One restart later leaves me with the following error after logon:

--

Error occurred while trying to access desktop: "portal_content/every_user/general/defaultDesktop". The object does not exist or you are not authorized to access it. If this problem persists, contact your system administrator.

--

I checked SAP note 869690 that describes this symptom; but I cannot request the default desktop by the stated URL. I created copies of the desktop and login pages in order to be able to change them, which might explain this behaviour.

Because the only change is in the com.sap.portal.ivs.iviewservice.par service; how can I replace this file? I tried opening the original .PAR file in NDS and exporting it to the portal; but this does not change anything.

This is a serious error; how can we restore original behaviour?

Regards,

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

If u've backed up the Original file, be sure to see all the jars getting imported when u import the par in NDS.

When u import a .par in NDS, it won't include certain jars from the par(a BUG it seems).So manually import the jars(u can unrar(unzip) the original par file and see the jars) into the project structure(where they shud be).

Now try to deploy without any changes. U shudn't see errors.

U dont' need a restart everytime u deploy something!

Hope it helps.

<b>Plz don't forget points, if it helped.</b>

Regards,

P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi M Peter,

Thanks a lot! This solved my problem.. Because the .JAR files were not included, the deployment of the original PAR archive didn't resolve the issue with the portal desktop display.

After including the .JAR files manually; I was also able to change the text in the welcome_<lang>.properties files and see my own changes after deployment!

Thanks again and best regards,

Walter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Best way to change the text inside <b>com.sap.portal.welcome_iView</b> iview is to get the

com.sap.portal.ivs.iviewservice.par into NDS and open the JSP(or property file) to modify the text. and deploy it back to the portal.

<i>If u don have NDS, download the par file onto ur desktop, open it with winrar(or something else) to find a jsp(or property file), open it and modify the text..put it back into the par file and upload.</i>

Regards,

P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello M Peter,

I found the com.sap.portal.ivs.iviewservice.par file and was able to download and edit it. How can we upload the changed file?

Thanks againd, kind regards,

Walter