cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can`t find remote SAPHANADB schema and tables in a cross database target tenant

thiagofcs
Explorer

Hi everyone,

Following the HANA Administration and Security, I could manage to configure the cross database access and set the remote identity.

It seems to be working as I logged in the target tenant (PAH) with a standard user and could select ACDOCA data from the source tenant (S4P) thiw way:

select top 10 * from S4P.SAPHANADB.ACDOCA

What I can`t see is the SAPHANADB schema under the catalog folder in the target system and find for tables.

Also, if I want to use the tables from S4P in a calculation view, I can`t find them.

What could be missing?

Thanks in advance,

Thiago

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Tiago,

As you mention, you need to configure (enable) cross database access for the tenants involved as required (A>B), create a user with a remote identity in that tenant, and grant that user access to a database object in that tenant. In case B>A access is required as well, you would need to repeat these steps.

See

The catalog shows the database objects of a tenant, not of other tenants with cross-database access enabled (What I can't see is ..)

There are some restriction in the type of database object supported for cross-database access.

See

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thiagofcs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey,

Denys. It`s really working. It was just a misunderstanding that now I have two system to select from

By the way,

The pre requisite described on the Modeling Guide for SAP HANA Studio is correct otherwise we can`t activate the Calculation View. (it gives a non authorized error).

Thank you for the interaction!

thiagofcs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Denys,

Thanks for the quick answer.

I did already enabled the cross database access for the tenants and already created a user with remote identity with the object database access granted. I could test it good when I did a select query on the target tenant, returning data from the source tenant in the target tenant:

Problem is when I try to use a table (this case ACDOCA) from the source tenant inside a calculation view, I can`t even find the remote table in the finding list:

I read the prequesitie below from Modeling Guide for SAP HANA Studio:

Created the REPO_S4P_PAH user in the source tenant (S4) with remote identity to _SYS_REPO.

Maybe this is the step I`m doing wrong or missing something.